The 'I got my Vario III' thread

Guest rickyburke

Guest TomaHawk

well just tried to order.

they wanted to charge 210 pounds on Flext25 W&W.

But I couldnt proceed cos they couldn't find any credit information on me even though i have had contract with them before

so they said had to order from store with proof of address. problem is i only moved 3 months ago and havn't updated address.

also stores probably wont have it in. and i dont have anything else with my address.

so i dont have a clue how i am gonna get it!!!!!!!!!!! very frustrating.

Woot!

Ordered 2, one is 2 months into it's renewal date, one has 2 months to go. Free upgrade on both..... Be here 2mora

4 Left btw, so get a wiggle on if you want one ;)

Edited by the_ape

Ahhh...

Dont watch the trhread for 48 hours and look what happens!!

Just got off the phone having been out of contract and waiting for well over a month and they have sold out. Grrrrrr to all you playing with your new toys.

Good news is no need to change plan (Relax 50 w'n'w) and phone for free when they get more in tomorrow.

Must be a staggered release as this is cerazy.

Guest morfmedia
4 Left btw, so get a wiggle on if you want one :wub:

Not convinced about the numbers they're saying they have left. I phoned up about 3:15 and they said they had 48. Yesterday they had about 3x left I think.

My contract expires at the end of September, I got:

Vario III for £80, £5 off contract cost on FlexT 35, plus web and walk minus 25% existing monthly discount.

I'm pretty pleased with this. Should hopefully be able to sell my old one for roughly the same cost as the new one. Looks like they might be experimenting with various deals.

My bill is normally :D

Can't wait for it to arrive tomorrow ;)

Guest sc0user_75

Does anyone know if T-Mobile would reduce your bill on an upgrade rather than give you a new phone?

I'm on Flext 25 W&W, paying 32.50 per month. If they were to reduce the bill for me rather than me take a Vario III how much do you guys reckon they would reduce my bill by?

PS I havent upgraded with em for a good 3/4 years. Do you reckon they would take this into consideration to give me a little more off ;)

Edited by sc0user_75

just got off the phone with the renewals people & they are claiming it's not capable 3G or video calling, according to their screen information lol!!

available now but recommend looking on the site in the next few days if you're after any form of deals

Guest georgie.charles

Well, I ordered one today (updating from an out-of-contract Vario 1) and am getting it on Flext 25 + W+W for £32.50, inc free calls to voicemail, for ZERO on 18 month. Seemed fair enough to me. Should arrive tomorrow.

Guest wizzzard

Managed to order mine for £100 + 18months as an upgrade on my Flext20W&W at 08:30 this morning. The chatty Caroline at 150>upgrades confirmed that it will be 3g and high speed data. I am happy with this as I had read elsewhere that only plus and max W&W would be high speed data.

Hi guys and gals

Called T-mob yesterday at 6pm and was told it wasn't available until Friday, so you can imagine my anger when I read this thread this afternoon in work and realised I could have had it delivered if customer services had have been on the ball!!! ;)

Anyways... called them up at 2pm, and ordered my long awaited Vario III.

Flext 35 + Web n Walk Plus

18 Month Contract

£100

£6 delivery (which they waived for mis informing me yesterday)

I'm on an advantage 50% off plan, so it's costing £23.75 a month!

If I hadn't been on the advantage plan, then I could have had the phone for free on Flext 50 WnW.

Oh well, it's only just over 3 months of full price plan effictivly!

Can't wait to get it tomorrow tho... won't be doing much work!!

Kaz

Guest magic_alex

Just got off the phone from loyalty as i went straight for the "im leaving t-mobile" option.

Girl i spoke to was helpful to a point but didnt seem that interested if i stayed or not!

Basically she says i can have the phone free on any 18month price plan but because i only want 12month i have to pay £100

My gripe with this is i paid £100 as a brand new customer for the Vario2 so as an upgrading customer a year later im not really getting a better deal to stay, which was kind of lost on her but seeing as shes told me i have "a very good account" with them i think its a fair comment

Best deal she could offer me was Flext 35 for 12 months with web & walk standard at £37.50 BUT id still have to pay £100 for the fone

Im going to try again in the morning to see if somebody else can better that but if not ill just go for the above deal.

Oh by the way the phone is now out of stock too!

;)

Guest magic_alex
Dude, I think free on any 18 month price plan and 100 on any 12 is a good deal, i'd have bitten their arm off personally ;)

P

no i agree it is a good deal and its pretty much what i was expecting to be honest im just a bit dissapointed that after 12months as a customer with some pretty horrendous bills some months they couldnt have done a bit more for me.

The reason i didnt agree to the deal tonight was that the girl turned round and said "well theyre out of stock so you cant order one now anyway" at which point i thought id give it another go with somebody who could at least be arsed to keep my business.

Im not that bothered about a tonne for the phone but ideally i was angling for Flext 35 12months W&W Plus for £42.50 (which is their current web deal) - i thought a five quid discount on line rental as an existing customer isnt asking the earth really!

Ill settle for the deal its not a bad one really but you gotta try havent you!

:wub:

Does anyone know if T-Mobile would reduce your bill on an upgrade rather than give you a new phone?

I'm on Flext 25 W&W, paying 32.50 per month. If they were to reduce the bill for me rather than me take a Vario III how much do you guys reckon they would reduce my bill by?

PS I haven't upgraded with em for a good 3/4 years. Do you reckon they would take this into consideration to give me a little more off ;)

If your registered with their online billing, if you go into your account and your out of your contract you will see a link at the bottom of the page that says "Upgrade", in there you can select a phone you want (at a scandales price, ring if you want a decent upgrade price) but in there, there is an option to select a £15 discount instead of a handset update.

Anyone have a clue as to the maximum capacity micro-sd card this thing will take? Penny just dropped that the mini-sd from my N80 just ain't gonna work! lmao...

Not certain but believe they will handle the new SanDisk 6gb SDHC cards. Hope so anyway as I bought one this week from Mobymemory.co.uk for under £40 with delivery and getting my vario III tomorrow. If no-one confirms before I will update. ;)

Guest magic_alex
If your registered with their online billing, if you go into your account and your out of your contract you will see a link at the bottom of the page that says "Upgrade", in there you can select a phone you want (at a scandales price, ring if you want a decent upgrade price) but in there, there is an option to select a £15 discount instead of a handset update.

yeah i know but i want the vario3 too with a five pound discount thats all - but ive accepted its not gonna happen

Not certain but believe they will handle the new SanDisk 6gb SDHC cards. Hope so anyway as I bought one this week from Mobymemory.co.uk for under £40 with delivery and getting my vario III tomorrow. If no-one confirms before I will update. ;)

I just ordered one today, so hope it works, this thread say's it does:

http://www.modaco.com/TyTN-II-6GB-microSDH...tml&hl=SDHC

and found this place thats a couple of quid less than Moby.

http://www.lowpricememory.co.uk/Sandisk-6g...ro-sd-card.html

Guest Sparky77
Dude, I think free on any 18 month price plan and 100 on any 12 is a good deal, i'd have bitten their arm off personally ;)

P

not related to this topic, but what is the signal like in the norfolk area,

on T-Mobile

Excellent, thanks for the tips on the memory cards ;) I'm actually thinking 2Gb will be enough for my needs, on reflection, so will pick one of them up :wub:

If you're going to use Tomtom6 with the full Europe maps, thats almost 2gig

I'm on 18 month contract and they still wanted to charge me for the phone (£180) so it's really all down to who the person you are talking to.

Guest zippy172
If you're going to use Tomtom6 with the full Europe maps, thats almost 2gig

Unlikely as I have a TomTom 700 already ;) Worth it's weight in gold getting me back and forth to Dusseldorf and Bielefeld :D

Thanks for the tip though :wub:

Guest magic_alex
I'm on 18 month contract and they still wanted to charge me for the phone (£180) so it's really all down to who the person you are talking to.

exactly mate - thats why i thought id give it another go tomorrow. theres no point in taking the first offer that comes along if theyre out of stock til further notice anyway

They wanted £149.99 for W&W Max 25 @ £32.50 / month or £169.99 for W&W Max 25 @ £27.50 / month on 18mth. Nearly completed but they will only send it to my home address and I am away for the next 2 weeks so had to cancel......... ;)

BTW if you are new to T-Mobile please use www.quidco.com as you will get £50 back through them from T-Mobile..............

£139.99 on FlexT 25 with Web 'n' Walk Plus. Works out as 32.50/month after the £5 discount which isn't bad.

Not too happy about the prohibitive handset price but being referred by Pjam eased that by £20 and the nice raise I got today made it all academic anyway. Call it a celebratory gadget!

Fingers crossed it comes before 8:20am tomorrow.