Outlook replacement

Guest TheNerd

I use outlook on my desktop PC for email and contacts - which is what I use the Pocket PC version for too. Trying to get the calendar to work for me is proving the difficult part.

Let me apologise for not doing the research on this but I haven't been in the loop for a while with Windows Mobile software (or any phone software for that matter). I've been very happy running Windows Mobile 6 on an ancient T-Mobile Wizard (MDA Vario) but I am suddenly having to use the calendar function of Outlook more and more. Unfortunately I have not figured out how best to use it and want suggestions for better replacements. (Or perhaps a link to a previous discussion if available)

Some things that annoy me... I want to see the month view by default (not scroll through day, week, month to see it every time) and I want the week to start with Monday not Sunday! The desktop Outlook version also is causing problems. I get Saturday and Sunday grouped together in a single square on month view (so annoying) and really can't quite get around the fact that this is built for a business use rather than a diary which notes appointments. Perhaps it's me that needs adjusting and I should work the way everybody else does, but years ago I used to own a Psion (Series 3, then a fantastic Series 5) and the "Agenda" application seemed to be so intuitive and easy to use for what I wanted. Is there anything anybody can recommend for my burdened Microsoft world?

Guest Leaskovski

You could try Mozilla Thunderbird with the calander addon (lightning), then you can sync to this using a program called birdiesync. You get a 21 day trial then you have to pay for birdiesync.

Im just trying it now.