Activate GPS Photo option in Camera application

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest FlangeArtist
Run the attached cab, then tap the directional pad left to activate in the camera app. When you get a fix, your location info will be in the EXIF information of the photo!

P

Ooh..Ooh... Sounds good. I run the cab, but then "the Direction pad left"? Being a developer, exactlh how is it achieved?

Guest kathryncheng

Run the attached cab, then tap the directional pad left to activate in the camera app. When you get a fix, your location info will be in the EXIF information of the photo!

p

Hello Paul,

You probably would remember me asking this gps geotagging before... I just came back from my holiday in Spain and straightaway when i read this post .. downloaded it straightaway and went to test it.. fantastic.. now i can really get rid of my ipaq hw6915 as the geotagging tweak is out and working brilliantly just missed it from my holiday though... but i ve got plenty more to come... so THANK YOU VERY MUCH ONCE AGAIN PAUL.... to all those who wanted a good website for uploading geocoded pictures go to www.locr.com and download their software and do a straight upload and it is compatible with google earth so you can save kml file and load it to google earth...

I cant say anymore words..... but Thank you thank you gracias senor mercy boku salamat etc.

dennis

Guest MadMatt2002

Thanks for the mod. GPS tagged photos all working well.

Two questions....

Has anyone found how to change the location of photos taken with the GPS settings. Mine seem to be going into /POI in the Documents. I'd like all the photos to be in the same directory.

Dennis mentioned www.locr.com. Looks good, but I can't find a WM6 client. Does anyone have a download direct link?

Cheers

Matthew

Guest SierraDelta
Has anyone found how to change the location of photos taken with the GPS settings. Mine seem to be going into /POI in the Documents. I'd like all the photos to be in the same directory.

Just change the value in HKLM\SOFTWARE\HTC\Camera\Image\GpsSaveFolder_0409 from "My POI" to "My Pictures" - or any other location that suits you.

Edited by SierraDelta

Guest rickyburke

Has anyone actually uploaded a photo to a geotagging server?

Seems as though the Kaiser gives the incorrect gps coordinates, should be -0 longitude, but gives +0.

someone try to upload a GPS tagged photo here and see if it works for you.

www.gpsvisualizer.com

Edited by rickyburke

Guest Special2k3
Has anyone actually uploaded a photo to a geotagging server?

Seems as though the Kaiser gives the incorrect gps coordinates, should be -0 longitude, but gives +0.

someone try to upload a GPS tagged photo here and see if it works for you.

www.gpsvisualizer.com

Works great for me. Ok, about 5 meters away from the right point, but i tested it indoor, so the gps singnal wasn't realy good.

Special2k3

Guest andysalmon

Quick stupid Q time...can the co-ordinates be viewed on the device or only when uploaded to a PC, coz I can't see any co-ords in options or properties?

Guest Germanguy

p

Hello Paul,

You probably would remember me asking this gps geotagging before... I just came back from my holiday in Spain and straightaway when i read this post .. downloaded it straightaway and went to test it.. fantastic.. now i can really get rid of my ipaq hw6915 as the geotagging tweak is out and working brilliantly just missed it from my holiday though... but i ve got plenty more to come... so THANK YOU VERY MUCH ONCE AGAIN PAUL.... to all those who wanted a good website for uploading geocoded pictures go to www.locr.com and download their software and do a straight upload and it is compatible with google earth so you can save kml file and load it to google earth...

I cant say anymore words..... but Thank you thank you gracias senor mercy boku salamat etc.

dennis

Is there a way to upload pictures directly to locr.com from my device or do i have to transfer them to my desktop first?

Guest Special2k3
Is there a way to upload pictures directly to locr.com from my device or do i have to transfer them to my desktop first?

Does locr.com put your pictures in the right location? My pictures are always located some miles wrong.

Only flickr is at the moment able to playe my pictures nearly in the right place.

Special2k3

Guest MadMatt2002
Just change the value in HKLM\SOFTWARE\HTC\Camera\Image\GpsSaveFolder_0409 from "My POI" to "My Pictures" - or any other location that suits you.

Hi,

I've changed the value to My Pictures, but photos are appearing in the root of My Documents? Do I need " marks around "My Pictures"?

Many thanks

Matthew

Guest mattmcl1

Paul - Thanks for putting this together - got GPS photo seemingly working.

However, when I take a picture, transfer it to my computer and look at it with Picasa I get "No EXIF Data"

Anyone else experiencing this problem?

Same issue as others - stuck on GPS Initialising even though Tom Tom has a fix.

Im assuming that the cab file only changes the reg setting?

Anything else that we can try?

People who have it working what COM port is your GPS set to please?