T Mobile Vario III Feedback

Guest sc0user_75

Guest sc0user_75

Guys and Gals,

As the header says - for all those lucky so 'n so's who have their Vario III's, could we all please have some feedback on what you think. Build quality, software, looks, what is and what is not in box etc etc etc

And if there are any even luckier so 'n so's who have the pleasure of trying both the Vario III AND the Tytn II, could you please let us know what, if any, of the differences are.

Thanks

Guest sc0user_75

Thanks Paul. Looking forward to the report ;)

PS Paul could you please also see how the Vario III works with the Mac. I'm assuming it'll be the same as the Tytn II - but would be good to confirm there aren't any major problems!

Edited by sc0user_75

Guest sc0user_75

Hey Paul, I know you're incredibely busy playing with your new toy (lucky s0d), but have you had a chance to compare the Vario III with the Tytn II?

Also, would be great to hear general feedback from others about their Vario III experiences ;)

I'm almost certain gonna order mine next week :wub:

Hey Paul, I know you're incredibely busy playing with your new toy (lucky s0d), but have you had a chance to compare the Vario III with the Tytn II?

Also, would be great to hear general feedback from others about their Vario III experiences :wub:

I'm almost certain gonna order mine next week :D

It may help to have a look in the "I got my Vario III" thread... :D http://www.modaco.com/I-Vario-III-thread-t259710.html

EDIT: sorry, I linked to the wrong thread initially ;) .

Paul, it may be an idea to close this thread to avoid duplicates...

Edited by Manni01

Guest m3100tony
Thanks Paul. Looking forward to the report ;)

PS Paul could you please also see how the Vario III works with the Mac. I'm assuming it'll be the same as the Tytn II - but would be good to confirm there aren't any major problems!

Is the TYTN II OK with the mac? The m3100 is great with WM6 flashed

I got my VARIO III today, previously I have had an HTC Universal.

The only big dissapointment so far is the removal of the Windows live icon in the program menu and the ability to setup your hotmail account to send and recieve thru the emial button. This was meant to be one of the positives of the software according to Microsoft, the ability to have push email from hotmail to your WM6 Prof device.

T-mobile don't have a clue why its not there (but I generally think they don't have a clue) and Microsoft cannot supply a Cab file as an add on. For me this is a big negative having been used to at least have hotmail functionality on the HTC Universal.

Other than that the device is very fast compared to the universal, the battery life is great the the 3.5G connection makes a real difference if you have coverage - I haven't found another negative yet, I just can't understand why T-Mobile would remove the support!

Does anyone have a solution yet - apart from a 3rd party program

Guest sc0user_75
It may help to have a look in the "I got my Vario III" thread... :D http://www.modaco.com/I-Vario-III-thread-t259710.html

EDIT: sorry, I linked to the wrong thread initially ;) .

Paul, it may be an idea to close this thread to avoid duplicates...

Manni, I just thought that this would be a good thread to give feedback and compare Vario III with Tytn II. I think the other thread you mentioned is great for people to tease us poor souls who do not yet have their phones :wub:

Manni, I just thought that this would be a good thread to give feedback and compare Vario III with Tytn II. I think the other thread you mentioned is great for people to tease us poor souls who do not yet have their phones ;)

No problem, absolutely, it's just that the thread mentioned above as well as Paul's unboxing one http://www.modaco.com/MDA-Vario-III-unboxed-an-t259780.html seem (IMHO) to be better places to get that kind of info/feedback (a lot more traffic there!). As long as you're aware that your fishing spot may not be the best one, you're absolutely entitled to stay here, who knows, it may change! :wub:

I have had my Vario III since saturday morning and I love it. I had a wizard for 18 months so this is a lot more snappy. It took me a while to get to grips with busy keyboard, but it feels very nice and I can type reasonably fast

I don't think screen is that good in direct sunlight. I took my young lad footballing this morning and spent a little time playing with my Vario out doors and it is difficult to see, maybe a better/lighter today screen would help.

I tend to use the web a lot to read long discussions and I think dragging the scroll bars with the stylus is a bit sluggish, yet using the wheel its much smoother. The 3G is very fast, and the call quality is light years better than the Vario 1. I have downloaded Google Maps to test the GPS and outside next to the football pitches it connected to 9 satalites and it is just mind blowing to see the little dot on a photo showing you where you are (I don't have GPS so this freaks me out!).

I have 4gb memory card coming early next week so i can get all my music and photos stored. By the way I have taken some test photos and I am more than happy. I am not a big photo buff so they are more than good enough for a few quick shots of the kids on family days out.

In the short time i have had the device I am convinced it is very much more than the sum of its parts, I guess I will not be pushing it as far as many of you blokes but it really is more than enough for me. I have found it odd the way the keyboard slides out, the screen is weak in direct sunlight and scrolling long pages of text with the stylus is a little slow but other than that its first rate.

Guest sc0user_75

Thanks Shaun for your reply. The sunlight thing seems to be on most phones. My N95 is totally rubbish in sunlight (the phone overall imho is rubbish anyways).

Manni, lets see if we can try and divert some traffic this way ;) If not, then lets stick to the other 2 threads - you're right, they do seem to be getting a lot more hits!