Hard Reset required after GPS Photo installation!

Guest FrankyG

Paul, is the cab just a change to the registry?

"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\HTC\Camera\

in the folder called P9 change the value "enabled" from 0 to 1"

I downloaded and installed the cab anyway. 10 mins later and I was having to do a hard reset :wub:

I'll never know if the cab was in any way related to my problem, but I thought I should mention anyway. What happpend was that I used the most recent HTC task manager (HTC Task manager v2.00 (build 30740) to close all running programs. That caused a crash whereby my Kaiser soft reset itself. Upon reboot MS Voice command 1.6 threw an error. Soft reset again, same VC error. Unistalled VC. Soft reset. Now I can't access ANY mail, SMS, MMS. Basically, TMAIL.exe will not launch, whether it be from a shortcut or by selecting it directly from the windows folder! Tried a few things but to no avail.

Hard reset, then did a Sprite restore from a backup I had made the day before. (when it was all working sweet) STILL CAN'T OPEN TMAIL.EXE ?!!!

I really don't get that - it was a complete backup and restore, how can it not bring it back to it's previous condition?

So the long and short of it - another hard reset and manual install and configuration of all the software. PITA.

I suspect the Latest HTC task manager may be prime suspect here (there are bugs reported on XDA Dev forums)

Lost faith in Sprite also ;)

Anyone ever had the messaging app (TMAIL.exe) fail to open?

FrankyG

Guest NuShrike

I just got the same problem. I enabled the registry entry manually through TaskMgr. Everything looked good and then this morning tmail.exe does not run and 2 soft-resets failed to fix it. I've disabled the P9 entry between resets.

I have the oem HTC Task Manager that came with the Kaiser.

Guest NuShrike
I just got the same problem. I enabled the registry entry manually through TaskMgr. Everything looked good and then this morning tmail.exe does not run and 2 soft-resets failed to fix it. I've disabled the P9 entry between resets.
Well, first ever hard-reset later things are fine.

Dumped the registry and then reenabled the GPS Photo again just to see. Doesn't seem to be the main culprit.