HTC Touch Slide to launch on Monday

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)

[teaser]Oh my oh my, this is one cat that is rather seriously out of the bag.

You remember the HTC event taking place on Monday? Well, it seems my suspicions were correct... one of the 3 devices launching is a new evolution of the HTC Touch, branded the HTC Touch slide!

The device will look very similar to the touch, and feature 3G + HSDPA, a 400MHz Qualcomm processor (that we're all rather used to now), a 2 megapixel camera, microSD expansion and a first-of-a-kind for Windows Mobile Suretype keyboard, a-la-Blackberry Pearl.

'Superior Gadgets News' (which looks like a created-for-this-leak-blogger-account) have scored some awesome photos, which you'll find below.

I think this device is gonna be HUGE! Remember to stay tuned for our coverage of the launch on Monday!

;)

P

touchslide4.pngtouchslide2.png

[/teaser]

touchslide3.png

touchslide5.png

touchslide1.png

Guest xorangefirex

It really is strange how elongated this phone looks as its picture stands alone. The shocking truth of it is that it is smaller than my TyTN II. Other than the small screen size (which looks to be in the neighborhood of 2inches) it seems to be a pretty solid device which picks up all the pieces of the original device while fixing the lack of a keyboard that most of us want so desperately. This device will probably land a big target audience as a mid-high range WM device, and can serve the purposes of the casual user and the business man (or woman) alike. I have to say that HTC never ceases to amaze, and this black beauty is no exception.

How does the keyboard work on these devices, is it T9 in style? or standard text entry (multiple presses of the key to get what you want)?

It's predictive like a blackberry, which BTW is probably the only thing I ever liked about the BB's.

Yeah, shame the screen is smaller (2.4")?

P

I think the screen on the Touch Slide actually looks to be 2.6", just like the rumors have said the latest time. If we say that the Wing's is 2.4" (as big as the Vox's screen), then on the comparison photo between the two of them I'll guess the Slide's is about 2.5"-2.6"?

BTW, looks like this Slide thing is going to be the perfect replacement for my SP5m ;) Me want!!!

T9ish, i.e. predictive.

P

Can someone describe how the T9ish does work? If it is predictive then it means that there is a dictionary in use. So for people often writing in different languages they would have to switch the dictionary in settings. Or people who are used to enter specific words which are not in the dictionary.....oh gosh if it is really a dict-based system then it is not very different to the default T9 which I don't like - I like FREEDOM :-)

Ive just been reading over on PDADB....and it mentions the same GPS chip as with the Kaiser ;)

I know this sites not the best most reliable site to go by....but i hope its right.

Guest HerpezP

Superior Gadgets (the one who took the pictures) says the following about GPS in this handset:

"Even it has the same chipset as HTC Kaiser - we didn't find it as of yet, however, GPS Tools are present in the ROM, so there is a hope that GPS could be (will be enabled)."

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.