Got My Kaiser Please help

Guest Goldberg83

Guest Goldberg83

Hi there, after weeks of should I or shouldn't I, I finally got my Kaiser. I have read through the user manual and I understand some of it as I am totaly new to wm. I am totaly unsure of how to set or adjust connections, and I can't understand the manual. I want to only be able to use phone calls, send texts and use wifi without being asked. Is there a way to disable gprs or any other data connections which will cost me money, unless it asks me to connect? I know you can disable and enable connections, but as I am not that intune I have no idea how to do it. I seen that I have been connected to internet or something for 3 hours and I paniced as I don't even know if it will cost me money as I can't afford to go over and above the rate of my call plan!

Any help for me is much appreciated!!!!!!

Guest dolbe666
Hi there, after weeks of should I or shouldn't I, I finally got my Kaiser. I have read through the user manual and I understand some of it as I am totaly new to wm. I am totaly unsure of how to set or adjust connections, and I can't understand the manual. I want to only be able to use phone calls, send texts and use wifi without being asked. Is there a way to disable gprs or any other data connections which will cost me money, unless it asks me to connect? I know you can disable and enable connections, but as I am not that intune I have no idea how to do it. I seen that I have been connected to internet or something for 3 hours and I paniced as I don't even know if it will cost me money as I can't afford to go over and above the rate of my call plan!

being connected to gprs/3G/HSDPA wont cost unless you actually use the connection to browse or download. the werather app uses your data connection to update. if you dont want to use your internet connection just disable it in your com settings. if you want to be really sure it wont ever be used you can delete the settings from your gprs settings. if you want to to connect to your wireless just have the wireless enabled

Guest pestekkorna

I have the same problem... I solved it using bandswitch, a program that let you deicide which connection you want to leave on or disable.

And you can also use nodata, an application already indicated in the paul's thread " tytn II/kaiser - the must have applications" or something like this ;)

Hope it helps!

Gennaro