Reset with stylus not working

Guest firstandlast

Guest firstandlast

Hello all,

I wonder if you can offer any help.

When trying to reset my Vario 2 with the stylus I get no response and it keeps merrily going.

I'm just thinking if I can't do a soft reset, that means that I won't be able to do a hard reset anymore.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

I purchased the phone from the T-mobile web site last October.

If I took it into a T-mobile shop are they likely to replace it or send it away to be repaired?

Many thanks,

paul.

Guest pd.ryder

It sounds like a replacement would be forthcoming if you took it into T-Mob. Or ring 'em up. They'll often send another by courier if there's no 'fix' offered on their database when you report a fault.

The reset button is a rather necessary item on a device running WM5 ;)

:wub:

Guest firstandlast
It sounds like a replacement would be forthcoming if you took it into T-Mob. Or ring 'em up. They'll often send another by courier if there's no 'fix' offered on their database when you report a fault.

The reset button is a rather necessary item on a device running WM5 ;)

:wub:

MMMmmm. That's what I was thinking. I wonder how they react to WM6 being on the phone :D and no way for me to get it off.

Anyway thanks for your help.

Paul.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest firstandlast

Just a quick update on my problem with my Vario II not being able to do a soft or hard reset.

My biggest worry was that I had installed WM6 on the phone and without being able to do a hard reset and get into the bootloader screen I couldn't replace WM6 with the backed up WM5 that was originally on the phone.

Anyway, I phone customer services on the Monday morning and explained the problem to them. (I didn't mention WM6 ;) ) They said I would have to send it back for repair and so they would send me out a prepaid bag to return it to them. The bag arrived on Tuesday and I sent it off immediately.

The phone arrived at the repair centre on Wed. Then I realised that the postal strike had started and so resigned myself to not getting my phone back until the next week if I was lucky.

However, to my immense surprise, a brand new Vario II, arrived on my doorstep on Friday morning, sent by courier.

All I can say is hats off to T-Mobile. I'm one happy bunny.

It's service like this that makes you want to stick around with a company.

Anyway, it seems that they don't give two hoots what operating system is on the machine (well in my case anyway;) )

Guest Mike Channon

Start>Settings>System>Clear Storage (icon)

This is effectively a hard reset, not sure why you did not use this to do a hard reset to see if it solved your soft reset issue??

Not only that but there are various third party applications that will perform a soft reset. (though of course I realise that might be tricky if the device was frozen - in which case removing the batter would effectively soft reset it)

Mike

Edited by Mike Channon

Guest firstandlast
Start>Settings>System>Clear Storage (icon)

This is effectively a hard reset, not sure why you did not use this to do a hard reset to see if it solved your soft reset issue??

Not only that but there are various third party applications that will perform a soft reset. (though of course I realise that might be tricky if the device was frozen - in which case removing the batter would effectively soft reset it)

Mike

Yes Mike I knew about the clear storage and did indeed try this option but it didnt clear the fault of not being able to reset with the stylus. I guess I was more wanting to still be able to get into the bootloader section still etc.

Also as you said if the machine locked up it was annoying having to take the battery out.

At the end of the day if something aint working like the manual says it should I consider it faulty and so back it goes. ;)