Read / Unread e-mail properties not syncing

Guest Paul Miller

Guest Paul Miller

Changes via "mark as read" and "mark as unread" made in Outlook are not being synced correctly to the e-mail records on the device (using over-the-air sync with an Exchange mailbox. Has anyone else had this and is there something that can be done? Thanks!

Guest Paul Miller
I had this once, and deleting the relationship and setting it up again resolved it.

P

Thanks Paul. But this isn't about a relationship (which as far as I know refers to phone-to-outlook-on-pc sync). This is about over-the-air always-up-to-date Exchange account in my mobile Outlook. I suppose I could delete the entire Exchange account on my phone and re- set it up again (not the end of the world, either). Perhaps I'll try that...

Guest Paul (MVP)

Yes, that's what I mean, I mean the relationship between your device and the online server. Go into options in Activesync, delete the server, and set it up again.

P

Guest Paul Miller
Yes, that's what I mean, I mean the relationship between your device and the online server. Go into options in Activesync, delete the server, and set it up again.

P

Thanks. Indeed I discovered that's also called a relationship. So I got my device to break up with my Exchange server, and then I made them get back together again. It's just SO dramatic, breaking and making relationships like this, but I have my read/unread status back, and that's the main thing. ;)