Orange prepare SPV E610 for October release

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)

Orange have announced - by way of their October catalogue - the imminent release of the SPV E610.

Apparently a QWERTY Smartphone manufactured by Amoi, the E610 is said to feature Windows Mobile 6 Standard, a 2 Megapixel camera, QVGA screen etc. etc. etc. (yawn)

If these deets are correct, let me be the first to say... meh. Orange, you already have the E600 - based on the HTC Excalibur - in your portfolio that is more than likely a better handset than this (the HTC Excalibur follow up the HTC Cavalier certainly is), so, er, why? ;)

P

e610fuzzy.jpgamoi_e78.jpg

Even odder when they also carry the Samsung i600 (and HTC S710), so they've already full compliment of qwerty smartphones.

Maybe it's really cheap, to compete with Vodafone's "exclusive" on the Palm 500?

Guest colonel_butt
Orange have announced - by way of their October catalogue - the imminent release of the SPV E610.

Apparently a QWERTY Smartphone manufactured by Amoi, the E610 is said to feature Windows Mobile 6 Standard, a 2 Megapixel camera, QVGA screen etc. etc. etc. (yawn)

If these deets are correct, let me be the first to say... meh. Orange, you already have the E600 - based on the HTC Excalibur - in your portfolio that is more than likely a better handset than this (the HTC Excalibur follow up the HTC Cavalier certainly is), so, er, why? ;)

P

e610fuzzy.jpgamoi_e78.jpg

"so, er, why?"

I'll tell you why m8 and this might blow your mind. Its £99 on PAYG.

Yes, I say again, its £99.

Never has so much (with a keyboard) been available to the great unwashed for so little [or something like that :wub: ]

I plan to get one just to hack it to hell :D

yup, its £99.99

check the pic

Like I said, their cheapo response to the Treo 500 (but no 3G?).

Still, good to see the WM qwertybar market hotting up.

Guest colonel_butt
Like I said, their cheapo response to the Treo 500 (but no 3G?).

Still, good to see the WM qwertybar market hotting up.

O2 and Orange now have EDGE.

for email and IM and most browsing, its hard to tel the difference with 3G.

You can with HSDPA, but I feel the latency on most phones for 3G is higher then EDGE. So for downloads HSDPA is far better, but for small web site browsing I'm not sure.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.