TyTN II portrait pictures bug

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)

I seem to have a bug on my TyTN II where pictures come out as portrait even though they're taken in landscape, however it doesn't seem to be the case on my Vario III.

Can anyone else confirm?

P

Guest zachto_man
I seem to have a bug on my TyTN II where pictures come out as portrait even though they're taken in landscape, however it doesn't seem to be the case on my Vario III.

Can anyone else confirm?

P

Hi Paul. This is a registry bug in Kaiser. The fix is post #8 in this thread.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=332246

Cheers.

Guest burrzoo
Hi Paul. This is a registry bug in Kaiser. The fix is post #8 in this thread.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=332246

Cheers.

Thanks for this fix information.I'm going to try it. I had the same thing as Paul described. Strange setup. I combed the manual looking for a work-around and found nothing. If I view the pictures with the phone closed (no keyboard showing) then I just turn the phone and the landscape picture looks perfectly normal. If the keyboard is open, then that's when it doesn't display them correctly. Either way, once I took the picture holding the phone like a normal digital camera (landscape) then I always have to edit the picture and rotate it. Strange that HTC would make this the "default"!

Guest zachto_man
Thanks for this fix information.I'm going to try it. I had the same thing as Paul described. Strange setup. I combed the manual looking for a work-around and found nothing. If I view the pictures with the phone closed (no keyboard showing) then I just turn the phone and the landscape picture looks perfectly normal. If the keyboard is open, then that's when it doesn't display them correctly. Either way, once I took the picture holding the phone like a normal digital camera (landscape) then I always have to edit the picture and rotate it. Strange that HTC would make this the "default"!

Yeah, strange. It is really saved that way too as can be seen if you export it to a pc and view it there....

Guest burrzoo
Yeah, strange. It is really saved that way too as can be seen if you export it to a pc and view it there....

Thanks again!. My first registry tweak...ever! hahaha ;) ! I'm coming from the Palm OS (years and years) so there are so many new things to learn with WM. Thanks to you and all of the other extremely knowledgeable people here at Modaco and XDA-Developers etc., I'm learning fast. I thrive on these "tips and tricks"...can't spend enough time reading all of the posts.