ttgpseng.exe error and dbtools shows no databases - RESOLVED!

Guest SilverfoxUK

Guest SilverfoxUK

Hi guys,

I'm new here and I have just got my MDA Vario III in UK from Tmobile.

My problem is this: I tried to install and older version of TomTom on my kaiser which didn't work out too well. Anyway, I uninstalled and deleted it all off but now I continually get an error message - Cannot execute \windows\ttgpseng.exe.

I have downloaded SK tools and deleted all registry entries of TomTom etc and cleaned the Kaiser but I'm still getting this message! it seems to be slowing the device down sometimes too.

Someone suggested using dbview. I have installed this on the Kaiser but it will not show any databases?

Can anyone suggest a fix or an alternative to dbview? Would really appreciate any help.

Silver.

Edited by SilverfoxUK

Guest SilverfoxUK

Ok,

I finally found a little app that allowed me to fix this notification error from popping up.

"check_notifications is a utility that allows you to look into the events database and remove items from it.

You can get it from http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/downloads/ch...tifications.exe

it's an ARM executable - needs to be copied to the PDA and run there. Be VERY careful not to delete other events. "

Just in case anyone else gets a similar problem.