Warning..... "internal memory full"...

Guest Kippax

Guest Kippax

I'm not quite sure why it should be full. There is no music stored on the phone and only one additional app. to those supplied as a standard on the Vario II.

I've tried to look on the phone using ActiveSync but cant see a way of finding which "huge" files are causing the problem.

What's the best way of examining the folders and then deleting those that I don't need. Could this be something as simple as undeleted SMS/MMS/Emails (not that there are any of the latter) ?

Guest crusti

i have the same low memory warnings, is it because im using wm6 on a device intended for wm5 ??(wm6 asain dopod version on a orange m3100) or is just junk files it collects allong the way??

Edited by crusti

Guest Neil5459

Do you do much internet surfing? If so it is likely that the Internet Explorer cache is grabbing a load of memory.

To check, go into Start/Settings/Memory and see what you have. Now open Pocket Internet Explorer and go to Menu/Tools/Options/memory tab, and tap Delete Files. Wait for the hourglass to stop, then go back and check available memory.

For a small, free file size checker, look for Tillanosoft SpaceFinder. It give a full folder/file readout in order of size so you can see where the memory has gone.

Guest Kippax
Do you do much internet surfing? If so it is likely that the Internet Explorer cache is grabbing a load of memory.

To check, go into Start/Settings/Memory and see what you have. Now open Pocket Internet Explorer and go to Menu/Tools/Options/memory tab, and tap Delete Files. Wait for the hourglass to stop, then go back and check available memory.

For a small, free file size checker, look for Tillanosoft SpaceFinder. It give a full folder/file readout in order of size so you can see where the memory has gone.

Woah !........ that cleaned over half the 50MB of memory...... cheers for that !

Guest Neil5459

Good- it's a real pain that MS don't let you specify the cache size!

If you buy one of the memory tweak programs (S K Tools etc) you can set to store the PIE cache on a storage card to save memory problems in the future. It's also possible to do this manually but needs messing with the registry ;)

• 2 weeks later...

i flashed d-lite this morning, i have 72mb storage and 20mb program memory free, and thats with a few apps ive put back on

only just started using it so cant say how stable it is yet, but this is looking the mutts nutts, everythings so responsive

--------------------------------

update

ive had nothing but probs with d-lite, hanging on restarts, buttons not working, a few hard resets, im going back to the normal dopod

has anyone else used d-lite, are these probs common or is it me?

Edited by crusti