Screen alignment problem

Guest michi123

Guest michi123

Coming from a P3600 I did read about the TyTN´s screen alignment issues. Nevertheless, I figured that it can´t be the TyTNII will have similar problems.

Well, mine does.....mad.gif

Pressing one spot on the screen occasionally activates another. Easily recognizable when drawing: I just put down the stylus and instead of a dot I get a line.....

I´ve tried the bussiness card trick but no good. Will wait for the Brando screen protector to arrive and see if it helps. (Right now I have the HTC shipped protector installed, which is a rather poor solution)

edit: new findings:

1. only the left 25-30% (portrait mode) of the screen is affected

2. By pressing fairly hard on the screen I can duplicate the problem in 80% of the attempts

3. Have adjusted the registry value for screen sensitivity to 250......light to normal presses register correctly 95% of the time.

Using the finger instead of the stylus I have 100% success rate

4. Don´t really want to send it in yet for fear of the repair guys just doing a hard reset, testing for 5 seconds and sending it back

Edited by michi123

Guest FrankyG
Coming from a P3600 I did read about the TyTN´s screen alignment issues. Nevertheless, I figured that it can´t be the TyTNII will have similar problems.

Well, mine does.....mad.gif

Pressing one spot on the screen occasionally activates another. Easily recognizable when drawing: I just put down the stylus and instead of a dot I get a line.....

I´ve tried the bussiness card trick but no good. Will wait for the Brando screen protector to arrive and see if it helps. (Right now I have the HTC shipped protector installed, which is a rather poor solution)

The Brando screen protector won't help your screen alignment problem; it's a hardware fault. Send it back, get a new one. Don't even think of putting up with this fault!

FrankyG