Car Cradle / Holder / Mount

Guest nickynoodles

Guest Phil Lee

When it comes to car holders the only ones worth getting in my opinion are Brodit ones. They are made for the specific car. I'm not sure if there is one for the Kaiser yet. I'll be getting one when they are available.

Edit: Just went to where I got my Vario holder from. The Kaiser holders were released today. I've ordered an active one which will arrive next week when they come into the country. You can see more details

here. I've already got a ProClip for my car so don't need that.

Edited by Phil Lee

Guest dolbe666

ive been looking around the net and so far there are very few accessories for the TYTN II yet. there isnt even any cases on the more popular sites. if you need a car mount in a hurry the best bet would be a universal car mount

Guest Shuflie
When it comes to car holders the only ones worth getting in my opinion are Brodit ones. They are made for the specific car. I'm not sure if there is one for the Kaiser yet. I'll be getting one when they are available.

Edit: Just went to where I got my Vario holder from. The Kaiser holders were released today. I've ordered an active one which will arrive next week when they come into the country. You can see more details

here. I've already got a ProClip for my car so don't need that.

Thanks for the heads-up. I'm using a frankenholder at the minute, a universal PDA mount that I had got when I had an Axim which I paired with most of my brodit active holder for my MDA PRO. It works but was only intended as a temporay solution until Brodit brought out an active holder for the Kaiser. I'll wait before ordering though, there were two styles for the TyTN, landscape or Portrait. The portrait model looked to be quicker to slot into, no fiddling about with the charger cable.

Guest Phil Lee
Thanks for the heads-up. I'm using a frankenholder at the minute, a universal PDA mount that I had got when I had an Axim which I paired with most of my brodit active holder for my MDA PRO. It works but was only intended as a temporay solution until Brodit brought out an active holder for the Kaiser. I'll wait before ordering though, there were two styles for the TyTN, landscape or Portrait. The portrait model looked to be quicker to slot into, no fiddling about with the charger cable.

The one listed on that site is the portrait version:

968752.jpg

http://www.brodit.com/productinformation.j...;sortiment=null

Guest dolbe666
The one listed on that site is the portrait version:

968752.jpg

http://www.brodit.com/productinformation.j...;sortiment=null

that one looks like you have to screw it to the dashboard. its mountable by screws. i thing the ones that have the plunger to attach it to your dash or windscreen is a better option if you can find one. it means you dont have to put any holes in your dash that can effect the resale price of your car

Guest Phil Lee
that one looks like you have to screw it to the dashboard. its mountable by screws. i thing the ones that have the plunger to attach it to your dash or windscreen is a better option if you can find one. it means you dont have to put any holes in your dash that can effect the resale price of your car

The Brodit mounts don't need holes in the dash. They work by clipping in between the panel gaps in the car's dashboard. This is why Brodit manufacture specific Proclips for each model of car. I've had a Proclip in my car for the last 2 years for my Vario. All I'll need to do is unscrew the mounting bracket and replace it with the new Vario III one.

Guest dead_beat

Hmmmmm i'm after a cradle as well but i want one with a built in speaker so i can hear the satnav and also use it as a handfree during calls.

Any info or recomendations?

Guest TShill7
Hmmmmm i'm after a cradle as well but i want one with a built in speaker so i can hear the satnav and also use it as a handfree during calls.

Any info or recomendations?

Same here - I bought one from PDAMods.com for the Vario II but the USB port was not flush with my Vario III. A few scratches to the bottom of the phone later left me regretting my purchase. If the Brodits have speaker versions of their holders they may be a solution.....

Guest Swampie

Can anyone confirm whether the generic Brodit "HTC Tytn II-Kaiser-P4450" cradle will be a perfect fit for a Vario III. I'm just aware that T-Mobile etc customise the phone a bit (particularly the front buttons) and want to make sure I order the correct one and don't get one which doesn't fit perfectly (my Vario stood up well for 20 months use in and out of a Brodit cradle - only feint minor scratches where it fits over such prolonged use). I've not seen any specifically listed for the Vario III, but have seen some listed for the TyTn II, Kaiser and P4450.

Thanks

Guest adchaffey
This Holder from proclip/Brodit is available now at www.ProClipusa.com

Johan van Mierlo (ProClip USA)

You can IM me for more info

I'm trying to get a cradle that will allow me to run the sound from the phone through my stereo. Has anyone seen anthiny that does this with the Kaiser? Want the SatNav to run through the speakers and the ability to play music too. Someone suggested using a Parrot kit with A2DP but I'd like to know how well this works for music quality etc.

Guest van_mierlo
I'm trying to get a cradle that will allow me to run the sound from the phone through my stereo. Has anyone seen anthiny that does this with the Kaiser? Want the SatNav to run through the speakers and the ability to play music too. Someone suggested using a Parrot kit with A2DP but I'd like to know how well this works for music quality etc.

If you get the rythm and go car radio from parrot, that could be a start. But it won't hold your device. It will take over your phone capabilities through the radio, just like any bluetooth carkit connected through your Radio.

You also can get the TomTom 920 which has a build in low frequency FM transmitter which will be picked up through your car radio. This TomTom is also a car kit, navigation system and mp3 player, ipod connector. Any any of these sounds you can transmit over the fm

Guest adchaffey
If you get the rythm and go car radio from parrot, that could be a start. But it won't hold your device. It will take over your phone capabilities through the radio, just like any bluetooth carkit connected through your Radio.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I don't really want to replace the radio in my car as it's a new car, and I don't really need tom tom as I have it on the phone. Is there another bluetooth kit that will definatly allow me to route music and sat nav sound through the stereo?