GeoTagging Error

Guest rickyburke

Guest rickyburke

Just uploaded a couple of Geotagged photos to Flickr, and they are located in the wrong place, after some investigation ive discovered its because Flickr isnt seeing the longitude measurement as starting with a "-" i.e. - 0, 41, etc.

So the result is a 15-20 mile shift in gps tag.

Google Maps works fine, so i can only assume its either a bug in the Camera software on the Vario III or in the way Flickr reads the EXIF data.

Anyone tried Geotagging photos with any other uploading tool?

Edited by rickyburke

• 4 weeks later...
Guest FlangeArtist
Just uploaded a couple of Geotagged photos to Flickr, and they are located in the wrong place, after some investigation ive discovered its because Flickr isnt seeing the longitude measurement as starting with a "-" i.e. - 0, 41, etc.

Google Maps works fine, so i can only assume its either a bug in the Camera software on the Vario III or in the way Flickr reads the EXIF data.

Worked fine for me with Flickr. Everything was exactly in the correct location. No problems at all!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest geordiekid

I've just spent about 3 hours trying to work out what the problem was, and I wish I'd seen this post earlier! Yes, I have this problem with the GPS EXIF info too.

For me, the EXIF data doesn't record negative positions and so, me in West London, my pictures in Flickr are showing up further East - in Essex. I'm guessing if I was also South of the Equator, I'd be having similar problems North and South wise too.

Anyone have any similar problems, or is everyone else here living east of the Prime Meridian!?

And is there a fix?

• 4 months later...
Guest grepper65
I've just spent about 3 hours trying to work out what the problem was, and I wish I'd seen this post earlier! Yes, I have this problem with the GPS EXIF info too.

For me, the EXIF data doesn't record negative positions and so, me in West London, my pictures in Flickr are showing up further East - in Essex. I'm guessing if I was also South of the Equator, I'd be having similar problems North and South wise too.

Anyone have any similar problems, or is everyone else here living east of the Prime Meridian!?

And is there a fix?

I guess I am having the same problem - photo taken in West London shows up in Photoshop Elements as East of Greenwich. Is there some registry tweak to fix this or do we have to edit the EXIF data? Or some other fix?