Changing default install location?

Guest thetao

Guest thetao

Is anyone aware of a way to programmatically override a .cab's install location in Windows Mobile 5? I want to do remote installs on our users' WM5 devices, primarily to the storage cards, and without the device prompting for a location. These would primarily be off the shelf programs, not stuff written internally. I can hide the Device / Storage Card page easily enough, but that's as far as I've gotten.

1) Older solutions like Cabinstl either don't work under WM5 or launch their own interactive GUI, which defeats the goal.

2) The method of using wceload.exe's \noaskdest switch in combination with a special value under HLM\Software\Apps\Microsoft Application Installer\Install is apparently broken under WM5, so that won't work. Looking forward to testing WM6.

3) Trying to change the default for %CE1%, which substitutes for "Program Files" in a .cab file, I just tried the "Windows proper" approach and added a ProgramFilesDir value with an alternate location to HLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows CE Services and other similar locations. No dice.

My last option appears to be hacking/rebuilding the .cab files themselves, which isn't something I'm looking forward to. Is there ANY other solution??

Guest lastnikita

If only time matters, I guess you could make the "edit a cab to replace every destination folder with one on storage card" process automatic, with scripting..