How much flex is there in your Kaiser 'slider' when closed?

Guest AndyO

Just wondering what was typical?!?

Mine moves about 2mm when closed and can lift a little which I found rather disconcerting at first when it 'gives' as you use the stylus but am now getting used to it. Read a couple of reviews that lead me to believe some of them are rock solid though so I don't know if mine is just a bit loose?!

Makes me think the design should include a lock/latch like a laptop lid to 'release' the slider and hold it more securely in place when closed....maybe that'll make it into the Tytn III which will also be 12mm thick ;)

Great little bit of kit though, that hinge is genius!!!

Guest sqadan

Mine moves about 2mm when closed and can lift a little which I found rather disconcerting at first when it 'gives' as you use the stylus but am now getting used to it. Read a couple of reviews that lead me to believe some of them are rock solid though so I don't know if mine is just a bit loose?!

Makes me think the design should include a lock/latch like a laptop lid to 'release' the slider and hold it more securely in place when closed....maybe that'll make it into the Tytn III which will also be 12mm thick ;)

Mine is a tiny bit loose - but so is the slider on my S710... I agree that a latch or lock would have made the design absolutely perfect. I'm not sure why they chose not to add one.

when closed i can lift the right side of the display (in portrait) about 2mm - i think this is just a bit of loose space in the hinge - nothing to worry about

Guest zachto_man

Mine moves not at all unless pushed to slide and I can just get my thumb nail into the gap at the right hand edge. Don't know if this helps. Just another data point.