Contact groups/sms folders and other problems

Guest hpgupta

Guest hpgupta

Hi...I bought a HTC S710 recently...it is my first windows mobile 6.0 based phone...i have been a symbian/nokia fan since long.

Few problems i am facing:

1) sending a sms to multiple recipients. The only i can see is adding people one by one...or using a semi-colon. Is there a way to make groups or something? I saw a post here about SmartSMS...but does it work with WM6? If yes, can anybody point me to the latest version...there seems to be a lot of different softwares floating around the net with the same.

2) I can't seem to create new folders for sms...I tried fiddling around with the 'manage folders' option...but to no avail. Is there any workaround? or a simple step that i have overlooked?

3) Before recieving a bluetooth message, it doesn't prompt it...it just sends the data without asking. I managed to be secure enough by using a passkey but is there a way i can just add a prompt before recieving data via bluetooth?

4) TCPMP doesn't seem to support xvid files. Is there any other software available that can play xvid files?

5) Is there any software that lists all active processes? the in-built task manager only shows things that i have started...but i know there are other things running (the OS files...and VITO copy paste for eg)

6) any good messenger apps which let me connect to gtalk/msn/yahoo all through the same application?

7) do i need to install adobe flash player lite in order to play .swf files over the net?

thanks ;)

Guest Pumatex
Hi...I bought a HTC S710 recently...it is my first windows mobile 6.0 based phone...i have been a symbian/nokia fan since long.

1) sending a sms to multiple recipients. The only i can see is adding people one by one...or using a semi-colon. Is there a way to make groups or something? I saw a post here about SmartSMS...but does it work with WM6? If yes, can anybody point me to the latest version...there seems to be a lot of different softwares floating around the net with the same.

2) I can't seem to create new folders for sms...I tried fiddling around with the 'manage folders' option...but to no avail. Is there any workaround? or a simple step that i have overlooked?

[...]

Hi hpgupta,

I was a nokia fun too before I got my Vox like you. I had the same problems like your first and second one. I had a post earlier here somewhere but it seems that unfortunately there is no solution for these problems. ;)

But please, if you find any software or trick, please notify me (private or e-mail), I have just very little time for this forum. :D If I get something, of course I will send it to you too (and post it here :D ).

Thanks and successful searching for you! :D

Pumatex

Guest Rolandhurt01

3) Before recieving a bluetooth message, it doesn't prompt it...it just sends the data without asking. I managed to be secure enough by using a passkey but is there a way i can just add a prompt before recieving data via bluetooth?

4) TCPMP doesn't seem to support xvid files. Is there any other software available that can play xvid files?

5) Is there any software that lists all active processes? the in-built task manager only shows things that i have started...but i know there are other things running (the OS files...and VITO copy paste for eg)

6) any good messenger apps which let me connect to gtalk/msn/yahoo all through the same application?

7) do i need to install adobe flash player lite in order to play .swf files over the net?

thanks ;)

If you want to create sms folders then try Jeyo Mobile Companion 2.0. It costs £19.95, and youn can try if for 30 days before you have to buy it, so you can see if it is what you want befor you have to pay for it. It also allows you to manage your contacts HomeScreens, Sounds on your phone from your desktop http://www.jeyo.com/index.asp. I can not help you with the rest sorry.