Ringing Tones

Guest ChefChaudart

Guest andysalmon
I also noticed that on the Vario III the ringtone volume is not really that great. Altho the vibrate is very strong!

I thought that with mine, but I installed some of my own and now ALL of the ringtones are louder than my Wizard?

Guest xtreme__boi
I thought that with mine, but I installed some of my own and now ALL of the ringtones are louder than my Wizard?

Well im not sure. But I did just realise [as im currently messing bout with my Vario III] that the external speaker is on the back of the Vario. So if the Vario is sitting on it's back, then the speaker is slightly blocked. However if you place the Vario screen up on the desk, then the speaker is not blocked, hence a louder sounding tone. The only problem with that is possibly damaging the screen!

While we are on this subject, is there anyway you can put you own custom "Messaging: new text message" on the device, and set that file as the message tone? As I have the file I want to use on my device. But the file is not listing in the tones to select from...

Guest xtreme__boi
Face up or down I find it louder. The files are easy, I just threw mine in my documents on the SD card and it found them itself.

I have put them in my docs on device, and in docs on SD card. But when I try to choose the msg tone, I can only select the ones that are already saved on the memory. In other words I can only use the tones that T-Mobile has put on the phone. Any other tips?

This is what I am doing:

Tap start,

Settings,

Sounds & notifications,

Notifications tab,

Event: Messaging, New text message

Then choose sound from Drop-down box...

...but the my custom tones are not in the list.

Any ideas?!

Guest xtreme__boi
What file ext are you using?

.wav files

&

.mp3 files

I can manage to set my own custom ringtone, with no problems.

Edited by xtreme__boi

Guest xtreme__boi
What file ext are you using?

Ok, I think I have figured it out. Yesterday I did manage to set my own customer message tone. But today I move the file, from "My Documents" into "My Ringtones" folder which is within "My Documents", on my device. So I moved the message tone back out of "My ringtones" folder, and back into/onto "My Documents" folder.

Bit annoying really, as when I go to "My Documents" there are a few loose files at the bottom, that are not in folders. Looks bit messy, as I like my stuff stored away in folders, so I know where they are for future use!

Guest sc0user_75
Ok, I think I have figured it out. Yesterday I did manage to set my own customer message tone. But today I move the file, from "My Documents" into "My Ringtones" folder which is within "My Documents", on my device. So I moved the message tone back out of "My ringtones" folder, and back into/onto "My Documents" folder.

Bit annoying really, as when I go to "My Documents" there are a few loose files at the bottom, that are not in folders. Looks bit messy, as I like my stuff stored away in folders, so I know where they are for future use!

What would happen if, once you've set the ringtones up as you like em, you then move the ringtones back into "My Ringtones"?

That way you'll have everything neat and tidy again

Guest LaSepultura

For ringtones I usually pull MP3s from my library or download video game themes from http://gh.ffshrine.org.

Then I just open them up in Audacity, cut them, normalize them, and boost the db by 1 or 2.

Attached an example.

Copy them to your /Storage Card/My Documents/My Ringtones/ directory.

halo.mp3

halo1.mp3

Edited by LaSepultura

Guest xtreme__boi
What would happen if, once you've set the ringtones up as you like em, you then move the ringtones back into "My Ringtones"?

That way you'll have everything neat and tidy again

Great idea. Just tried it, works a treat. Thanks for the simple, yet effective solution!

Edited by xtreme__boi

Guest sc0user_75
Great idea. Just tried it, works a treat. Thats for the simple, yet effective solution!

Streauth! Well that has truely made my day - I actually gave a solution to an IT related problem (and Im not too IT clued up) ;) :wub: :D

• 1 month later...
Guest davidaf

Try Ringo from Electric Pocket. You can set custom ringtones including mp3 for both your sms and phone rings. Uses outlook contacts and grouping also. Good app.

Guest Transform
Great idea. Just tried it, works a treat. Thanks for the simple, yet effective solution!

just tried it and it doesnt work for me. i put the ringtones in the root of the storage card then assigned them. then i moved them into my docs/my ringtones and turned the phone off and on. now i have no tone noises :(