Active Sync - server and domain settings

Guest Wayde

Hi having a problem with Active Sync

I am using an HTC pocket PC running windows mobile 5.0.

I have been using active sync to sync with my work's exchange server for some time, although we've recently moved servers.

In the pocket PC I got Windows drop down, Active Sync, Menu, Configure Server.

In the Edit Server Settings window I have entered the correct Server Address name. I ignore the SSL connection because it's not required (however I've even tried it on out of desperation to no avail).

Next

The next screen it wants me to enter a password (and if I want to save that password).

Here is my problem - User name and Domain are read only. I have to be able to edit the domain. Although my username is the same, domain is new.

That old domain showing up on the Edit Server Settings does exist but it's no longer used and will be phased out soon. I want to sync with a different domain using the same user name.

Any advice would be apprecaited.

Thanks

Wayde

Guest jimbouk

Use Activesync or WMDC on your pc with your device connected. Remove the existing server details so it deletes the relationship from the device. Then re-enter the new details. Ensure that you are using the real world address of the server - unless you only sync over the local network at your office.

• 1 month later...