Making HTC Vox into a B-tooth mp3 player

Guest realaxed

Guest realaxed

Hi all,

I got my htc vox about a month ago and now that the 6gb sd cards are available (and affordable) I'm ready to try and use my phone as a mp3 player.

My only concern is that the Vox may be too slow or have to little ram to suport playing mp3 and sending the sound to b-tooth head phones.

Does anyone have any experience with this? I'm also concerned about the battery life too.

I hope to get at least a days worth of use. (30 minutes - hour of talk time, a few text messages, about 2 hours of mp3+b-tooth)

If the vox does prove to be too slow I was thinking of trying to overclock it, however, I'm not sure how effective this would be.

Does over clocking the vox from 2.01 mhz to 2.40 mhz make that much of a difference. (like the vox always lags for a sec when switching from portrait to landscape. does it remove that?)

And how would I do that? (I can't seem to find a straightforward tutorial. First app unlock, then omap, then tornado..etc)

So basicly, what's the experience anyone has had with using bluetooth headphones with to play music on the vox (suck it iphone), and what are any tips, advice, or warnings you could give me.

BTW my vox is an s710 purchased unlocked if that makes any difference.

Thanks.

Edited by realaxed

Hi all,

I got my htc vox about a month ago and now that the 6gb sd cards are available (and affordable) I'm ready to try and use my phone as a mp3 player.

My only concern is that the Vox may be too slow or have to little ram to suport playing mp3 and sending the sound to b-tooth head phones.

Does anyone have any experience with this? I'm also concerned about the battery life too.

I hope to get at least a days worth of use. (30 minutes - hour of talk time, a few text messages, about 2 hours of mp3+b-tooth)

If the vox does prove to be too slow I was thinking of trying to overclock it, however, I'm not sure how effective this would be.

Does over clocking the vox from 2.01 mhz to 2.40 mhz make that much of a difference. (like the vox always lags for a sec when switching from portrait to landscape. does it remove that?)

And how would I do that? (I can't seem to find a straightforward tutorial. First app unlock, then omap, then tornado..etc)

So basicly, what's the experience anyone has had with using bluetooth headphones with to play music on the vox (suck it iphone), and what are any tips, advice, or warnings you could give me.

BTW my vox is an s710 purchased unlocked if that makes any difference.

Thanks.

I have no clue about overclocking cause I was never in that much of a hurry to wait for the phone to switch to landscape mode... However I have been using my Vox with bluetooth headphones ever since I got it 3 motnhs ago. Works just fine and is pretty much limited by the bluetooth headset battery (which lasts about 5 hours on a charge playing music/voice). I've got a 4gb microsd btw and so far no problems at all with my 'slow' CPU ;)

Guest realaxed
I have no clue about overclocking cause I was never in that much of a hurry to wait for the phone to switch to landscape mode... However I have been using my Vox with bluetooth headphones ever since I got it 3 motnhs ago. Works just fine and is pretty much limited by the bluetooth headset battery (which lasts about 5 hours on a charge playing music/voice). I've got a 4gb microsd btw and so far no problems at all with my 'slow' CPU ;)

Hmm that sounds good. Are you still able to do other things like send text messages with music playing and etc? Also which headphones do you use. I'm planning on getting the Lubix UBHS- LC1.

Guest Disco Stu

I agree on the battery life answer above.

Sending text messages and surfing the internet are no problem with the media player running. You will only get problems with 'heavier' programs like games where, as you'd expect, the sound output is going to clash. The games will run very slowly too. Something like Solitaire is okay but shoot-em-ups are right out !

I use Motorola S9 headphones - the sound quality is excellent for mobile use and they are light and unobtrusive on the head

;)

Guest Disco Stu
Hmm that sounds good. Are you still able to do other things like send text messages with music playing and etc? Also which headphones do you use. I'm planning on getting the Lubix UBHS- LC1.

Have just Googled the ones you mention :

http://www.blueshop.com/content/accessories/9-115--2188.htm

Surely the whole idea is to get rid of the wires ;)

Guest Rolandhurt01

I am using HTC BH S100 Sterio Bluetooth Headset. It looks like an iPod shuffle appart from the flashing Multifunction Button. Also it acts as a standard Blutooth Hands Free Headset. The suplied Headphones use a standard 3.5mm Headphone jack allowing you to use any Headphones you like. sound drops out in built up areas and near busy roads but other than that sound an battery life for the phone is good. A plus point of the HTC headset is that it uses the standard HTC Ext USB mains charger as the Vox so only one charger needs to be carried on Holiday, but it uses an adaptor that converts the Ext USB socket into a standard round charger socket.

Guest Disco Stu

Motorola BT headphones use the same mini-USB charger connection as the Vox so no need to carry 2 cables there either.

I really don't want any cables or adaptor boxes when I'm listening to music from my phone because I'm either walking or on the train and the less I'm hauling around the better !