Mobile Computing (UK) Review

Guest georgie.charles

Guest georgie.charles

Have just reviewed TyTN II. Give it 6/6 and Editor's Choice. Only serious negatives: Pricey, and camera shutter lag. Always nice to have one's purcahsing decisions reinforced!

Is it just me that thinks the Camera getting so much criricism is a tad harsh?

Having put up with the awful cameras on previous HTC devices I have to say I'm pretty impressed, the Kaiser's camera is miles better...

Yes it blurs a bit when you move it quick, and yes it could do with a flash, but when you have a phone with

Wi-Fi, GPS, HSDPA, QWERTY keyboard, Tilting screen, TouchFLO, Instant messenger, HTML Email, Proper internet and then of course you can do things like have your GPS follow you on Google Maps / Windows Live Search, and probably 100 other cool things

It just irks me when there is such a killer device like this and people still have to pick at it

rant>

Guest sc0user_75

I'm not rubbishing the camera - just agreeing that it is pretty bad quality. But then I am comparing it to the camera on the N95!

I agree with you MandT that this phone has pretty much everything - but I think what people may be trying to say is "if only HTC had spent a little more effort on the camera".

@ fusi: me too

It's not great, but it's not that bad

All I'm saying is the criticism could be justified if it was a Camera, but it's a Phone, and a bloody good one at that

Edited by mandt

Guest andysalmon

The phone is fantastic, but the HTC cams have ALWAYS been pants. Put an SE phone camera of the same megapixel standard as the HTC next to it and the SE will jump up and down on it and then stamp on it for good measure! This is without a doubt the best HTC cam yet, but we all seem to say "yeah, the camera's not THAT bad- the phone's good tho!" Do we really think HTC will change a THING with comments like that? The fact is that the camera could be much, much better and it isn't. My wife's Treo 650 cam beats my Wizard hands down for quality at the same size (loses out when enlarged) but you cannot really think that putting continually poor cams on HTC phones is acceptable ;)

Yeah you are right there

I guess I've just got used to poor cameras on phones, I am chuffed that this camera is so much better, but I guess if I saw the ones on other devices trouncing it I would be crying into my pint ;)