Media Player 10

Guest kidinspace

Guest kidinspace

I have recently started to watch Heroes and was wanting to view it on the phone.

So i went to the Windows Mobile Media 10 homepage and got a list of what is compatible since i know it doesn't play the .avi files that i have. The list is as follows.

Microsoft Windows Media Video codec versions 7, 8, and 9.

Microsoft Windows Media Video 9 Image codec versions 1.0 (used by Microsoft Photo Story 1 and 2) and 2.0 (used by Photo Story 3).Microsoft MPEG-4 codec version 2.0 and 3.0.ISO MPEG-4 video codec version 1.0.

Now i used "Super Encoder" to convert a file to each one of the above (which took some time) and when i transfered it to the handset not one of them played! All i got was a black screen and no audio, however i haven't yet tried Windows Media Encoder.

Have any of you guys got any suggestions as to how i can views these videos, as it is annoying me quite a bit that i can't watch anything on the phone unless it is a video that has been shot on the phone's camera!

Gareth.

Guest kidinspace
Haven't got into Heroes yet, but heard it's good

Does TCPMP work on the Vox?

If so convert your avi with Pocket DivX encoder and watch it in TCPMP (both freebies BTW)

This is the method I use and the quality of the file you get is excellent ;)

I'll give that a go tonight, i've downoaded the file but i don't have my laptop with me here at uni so it will have to wait tilll i get in later.

G.