Why does the screen on my Vario III look pooh

Guest DJ_Enigma

Guest DJ_Enigma

Just loaded up ocuk forums on my Vario III (kaiser) and noticed around the ocuk logo it is all grainy and the colour is not uniform, it looks terrible compared to my XDA Mini S (Wizard)

It's like the colour/graphics options have been turned down or something.

It's like when you turn windows down to 8bit colout or something.

How can I make it looks just like my XDA Mini S?

Cheers,

DJ

post-305928-1191539961_thumb.jpg

Edited by DJ_Enigma

Guest FrankyG
Just loaded up ocuk forums on my Vario III (kaiser) and noticed around the ocuk logo it is all grainy and the colour is not uniform, it looks terrible compared to my XDA Mini S (Wizard)

It's like the colour/graphics options have been turned down or something.

It's like when you turn windows down to 8bit colout or something.

How can I make it looks just like my XDA Mini S?

Cheers,

DJ

post-305928-1191539961_thumb.jpg

Can't say for sure, but in the first instance you're using Wifi (your home PC?) which means the images wouldn't get compressed. The second one you're on a GPRS or HSDPA connection - which means that images *could* be being compressed by your ISP...t-mobile perhaps? I'm gonna try the same experiment on my WIFI and then T-Mobile connection and will report back...

Cheers..

FrankyG

EDIT - well, on my Kaiser it's looks exactly the same whether I'm on WIFI or GPRS (I'm on T-Mobile UK) so not likely to be image compression.

How do other web sites appear?

Anyone else got any ideas?

Edited by FrankyG

Guest the_ape
Can't say for sure, but in the first instance you're using Wifi (your home PC?) which means the images wouldn't get compressed. The second one you're on a GPRS or HSDPA connection - which means that images *could* be being compressed by your ISP...t-mobile perhaps? I'm gonna try the same experiment on my WIFI and then T-Mobile connection and will report back...

Cheers..

FrankyG

EDIT - well, on my Kaiser it's looks exactly the same whether I'm on WIFI or GPRS (I'm on T-Mobile UK) so not likely to be image compression.

How do other web sites appear?

Anyone else got any ideas?

Looks fine on mine (Both WiFi and T-Mobile). However I did notice it looks worse using IE compaired to Opera.. Doesnt realy bother me as Opera is my browser of choice, but not good for you. Try pulling the trial Opera down see what you get.

Guest DJ_Enigma

I am posting this on the Vario III right now and I have to say that it's not very impresive at the moment. it scrolls slower than my Vario and it just isn't nearly as fast as I had hoped. it is like using a pc with the wrong graphics card drivers installed.

bit dissapointed tbh ;)

if I can't fix this I might return it. :wub:

DJ

Guest sc0user_75

Guys, I said this in 1 or 2 of my other posts - but web browsing on the VIII compared to my N95 is incredibly slow... and stuttery!

Also, I noticed when I first turned the phone on that the screen quality was quite bad... again, compared to my N95.

Hopefully this will all get resolved in future firmware updates??!?!?!?!

what network are you on - afaik some networks reduce the quality of images (web cached) streamed through - try refreshing the page to see if you get better results

I am posting this on the Vario III right now and I have to say that it's not very impresive at the moment. it scrolls slower than my Vario and it just isn't nearly as fast as I had hoped. it is like using a pc with the wrong graphics card drivers installed.

bit dissapointed tbh ;)

if I can't fix this I might return it. :wub:

DJ

it does lag a bit under certain situations yea - though tbh, youre on a new o/s which is running on a new chipset - im not suprised its not as speedy as it inevitably will be when they do indeed release updated roms to take charge of the meaty hardware under the hood in the kaiser

p.s. this is also why video is slow with diretdraw and game performance isnt so good afaik

Edited by fusi

Guest sc0user_75

Looking at Modaco on the VIII is frustrating. Its incredibly slooooooow. If I wanted to look at Modaco on the VIII is there another link that'll drop all the pics etc? I have a feeling this may make it quicker???

Guest DJ_Enigma

For some completely unknown reason my graphics problem mysteriously fixed itself.

The only thing I can think that I did was put it down on the table harder than I'd planned. I was like doh! Then I picked it up and the graphics were fine ;)

Probably fully coincidental but who cares it works :wub:

On my Vario I installed something that let me tick "improved pocket IE scrolling" or something that like "smooth IE scrolling" or something, but I can't for the life of me think what program it was that had this option. Anyone know?

Have a feeling it might have been Tweaks 2K or SKTools but I can't remember and I'm not even sure they are both WM6 compatible so I've not installed either yet.

DJ

Guest dolbe666
For some completely unknown reason my graphics problem mysteriously fixed itself.

The only thing I can think that I did was put it down on the table harder than I'd planned. I was like doh! Then I picked it up and the graphics were fine ;)

Probably fully coincidental but who cares it works :wub:

On my Vario I installed something that let me tick "improved pocket IE scrolling" or something that like "smooth IE scrolling" or something, but I can't for the life of me think what program it was that had this option. Anyone know?

Have a feeling it might have been Tweaks 2K or SKTools but I can't remember and I'm not even sure they are both WM6 compatible so I've not installed either yet.

DJ

Yep tweaks2k.net has the smooth scrolling settings in the internet settings page.

personally i like Netfront v3.3

Guest DJ_Enigma
Yep tweaks2k.net has the smooth scrolling settings in the internet settings page.

personally i like Netfront v3.3

Thanks for that ;)

Does it work well with WM6 and the Kaiser??

What is netfront v3.3?

Cheers,

DJ