Vodafone v1615 Photos

Guest appy11

Guest appy11

Hi folks,

My v1615 arrived today after their release yesterday. Thought you would like to see the images of it in reality to help you decide if you want the Vodafone badge... To be honest, it looks rather nice... Still a nice glossy black with a brushed grey tinted steel surround. It looks very smart. I managed to get this on a 12 month contract and it was free, but that took a lot of negotiating (and I'm a long-term customer with frequent monthly bills of over £100!)

Anyhow, to the photos... Take a look for yourself. Smart, huh?!

Chris

v1615_20071005_06.jpg

v1615_20071005_30.jpg

v1615_20071005_23.jpg

Guest andysalmon

That's it Paul's on his knees- something shiny and black. Looks like Paul's gonna have another device soon ;-) It looks a lot sexier than the VIII which looks quite a bit like a VII

Guest andysalmon

IIRC all Voda monthly plan phones are unlocked as standard. I'm unaware that it had changed recently. I'm sure someone else will confirm.

Voda does lock it's phones however this is unlocked, the only changes are a startup wallpaper and a few cabs that start on initial startup. I have found a CAB which installs all the correct settings so mine is very happy on orange.

I havent got any sugar cubes yet and am interested in the coin method just not sure if it will mark the phonr. (I have used sugar cube previously to no ill effects)

Guest andysalmon
I already have a slick-backed Kaiser, WITHOUT the Voda graffiti :wub:

P

Yeah, but you've got empty pocket syndrome :D

Okay I'm jealous ;)

Guest appy11
appy11, does this phone come locked to the network i.e. we can't use another phone providers sim in it?

Strangely, the phone is completely unlocked. I'd guess they haven't bothered... This phone is most appealing to business users, not your "Vicky Pollard" switch-to-the-cheapest-network type. Why bother?

The only problem I'm having with it is setting up my gmail email account. No matter how you arrange the settings, it keeps wanting to download the entire inbox list and doesn't save them in the inbox... Just deletes all the headers out. Most annoying. Yahoo! works fine though.

Will take quite a bit of getting used to. The glossy black back and surround will hopefully stay like that once I keep it in the leather pouch that comes with it. The extra stylus was a nice touch too. I'm very happy with the v1615. Internet/broadband is faster than I've ever seen on a PDA. The HDSDP mades a huge difference.

As for the TomTom software, I got a licence booklet in my pack, but no installed software on the device... Perhaps its on the CD?!

Chris

Guest Macker1973

Is all the software and features from the TYTN II there,

eg

* HTC Home screen application gives an instant view of your calendar, e-mails, messages, missed calls, big clock, weather, updates, quick application launcher, one touch ring settings and easy photo dialling. How has this changed?

* TomTom navigation software works in conjunction with the in-built GPS antenna so you can find your way to important meetings.

* Business card scanner application allows you to attach business card images captured using the in-built 3 megapixel camera.

* 3G-324M Video Telephony

* Picture Enhancement for Pictures and Videos

* Task Manager

* Backup Tool

The buisness card scanner sounds cool.

Guest Ypocaramel
Strangely, the phone is completely unlocked. I'd guess they haven't bothered... This phone is most appealing to business users, not your "Vicky Pollard" switch-to-the-cheapest-network type. Why bother?

International travel, especially for extended periods. A local SIM card lets you use the local network and not get charged at roaming rates. People who spend a lot of time living in two different places.

Edited by Ypocaramel

Guest NuShrike
The only problem I'm having with it is setting up my gmail email account. No matter how you arrange the settings, it keeps wanting to download the entire inbox list and doesn't save them in the inbox... Just deletes all the headers out. Most annoying. Yahoo! works fine though.
You prefer not to use the Gmail java app?

Guest acosta
Yummy, got mine too! Love the voda badge on the back

Can you give details? How did you get it ? how much? salesman names, etc

Edited by acosta

Guest hotphil

Nice photos - but am I right in thinking there's no '£' or '$' on the slide out keyboard? When mine arrives soon I think that's going to annoy me!

Guest chilledatthebottom
You prefer not to use the Gmail java app?

The java gmail app sucks majorly! I attempted to use this prior to setting Outlook up properly. Coming from a Nokia N80 where Google have written a *proper* symbian app for their email service, I fail to understand why they can't write a *proper* mobile windows app. The java incarnation is dreadful.

Going back to Gmail/Outlook...when I initially setup my phone to collect mail from Gmail, it initially downloaded 379 emails. Once that had completed and I'd deleted all the junk, it's since settled down quite nicely and polls gmail every 15 mins for new mail. Been working flawlessly since ;)