Touch Dual reviewed by Smape.com

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)

No, I haven't heard of them either, but Russian site Smape.com have an English review of the HTC Touch Dual online (20 key version)!

The review is extremely detailed with a ton of pictures and it's well worth a read... so head on over!

While you're there, you might also be interested in the Mio A702 review, the HTC Shift preview or the Eten X800 preview. Yowza!

;)

P

smapedual1.jpgsmapedual2.jpg

And WiFi obviously ;)

P

for me wi-fi is crucial. In italy we haven't real flat data plans even for corporate, feed for hsdpa and umts are really expensive at 0,06 euro for KB. And one of major flavour in winmobile is the possibility to take part of a lan with shared resources like fileserver, mailserver... Impossible without wi-fi

Guest creamhackered

Stupid it doesn't have wifi!

Where are the reviews of the 9 key version though? I hate double letters on keys like the crappy small Blackberrys, it's terrible trying to write with it!

All the Touch Dual needs is GPS and it would be an awesome handset.

Im hoping this could be enabled with it having the same chipset as the kaiser...i think it depends upon the antenna within the phone.

I heard over on hofo it has the GPS panel within the registry.

Here's a thought...

The Touch Dual - Smartphone or Pocket PC???

This is one of the reasons I'm so interested in the Touch Dual, it has aspects of both. I actually believe it gets somewhere close to combining the two form factors as well.

Just why oh why did it not come with GPS - the lack of which is maintaing my desire for a kaiser.

QUOTE(smape.com)Some of the countries will receive shipments of a particular version of the device that supports Wi-Fi.

uhm ;)

Don't know how credible their info is.... also states the following:

GSM 850/900/1800/1900 and UMTS 850/1900/2100

Nowhere have I seen that the phone is quadband GSM and triband UMTS. I'm actually hoping that their info is correct!!

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.