Contacts FROM Kaiser INTO Outlook

Guest Rush242

Guest Rush242

Having never used Outlook before, does anyone know how to get contacts that are stored on a sim INTO Outlook FROM the phone?

What I have done so far is install the sim INTO the Kaiser, and (I think) I copied all the Contacts to the Kaiser. Then, no matter what I did, I couldn't get them to sync into Outlook. Then I noticed that when I changed something in a Contact, the next time I sync'ed, it took that Contact and happily transferred it to Outlook.

So, I went through ALL of the damn hell ass Contacts, changed or edited each one and tried to sync again, and of course, nothing. Complete waste of time.

I searched around and found that maybe deleting the Kaiser relationship from the PC and reinstalling it might help. Luckily, all that did was delete ALL of my Contacts except for the one that was already on Outlook.

Is there anyway to do this? Is there a better program for xferring stuff from the sim directly to Outlook? Any thoughts? Thanks!!

Edited by Rush242

Guest dolbe666
Having never used Outlook before, does anyone know how to get contacts that are stored on a sim INTO Outlook FROM the phone?

What I have done so far is install the sim INTO the Kaiser, and (I think) I copied all the Contacts to the Kaiser. Then, no matter what I did, I couldn't get them to sync into Outlook. Then I noticed that when I changed something in a Contact, the next time I sync'ed, it took that Contact and happily transferred it to Outlook.

So, I went through ALL of the damn hell ass Contacts, changed or edited each one and tried to sync again, and of course, nothing. Complete waste of time.

I searched around and found that maybe deleting the Kaiser relationship from the PC and reinstalling it might help. Luckily, all that did was delete ALL of my Contacts except for the one that was already on Outlook.

Is there anyway to do this? Is there a better program for xferring stuff from the sim directly to Outlook? Any thoughts? Thanks!!

I use MS office 2007, you can download Outlook Connector for it that will sync your hotmail and your contacts with windows live. doing that keeps a backup of all your contacts online so even if you have to reinstall office or your kaiser loses data you just have to sync office or the kaiser with windows live. you can do this either by using your phone and windows live to sync or outlook through office 2007 with the outlook connector. It works great.

Guest Rush242
Don't save contacts on your sim. Save them on the phone's contacts memory. They will then sync both ways properly with outlook.

I don't wan't to save them on the sim, it's just that they are already there from the previous phone, which was just an original RAZR V3. I just don't want to re-enter or re-edit them again.

OK, then, to be sure, I should reinsert the sim I want to transfer. Go into Contacts > Menu > SIM Manager > SIM > Menu and tap "Select All," then tap Menu again, and tap Save to Contacts?

Then, when I re-sync, that should do it, correct?

I think that's what I did, but who knows?

Thanks for the response!

Guest Rush242
OK, then, to be sure, I should reinsert the sim I want to transfer. Go into Contacts > Menu > SIM Manager > SIM > Menu and tap "Select All," then tap Menu again, and tap Save to Contacts?

Then, when I re-sync, that should do it, correct?

And of course, all it did was delete everything off the phone again.

This seems really stupid, as there's NOTHING in Outlook, and it doesn't ask me where I want to pull the information from, it just goes and deletes everything in the Kaiser. How annoying.

Anyone else? Anyone? Bueller?

Guest Rush242

Another thought:

Does anyone know what happens if I RE-save all the Contacts on the SIM? Meaning, I have saved all the Contacts to Contacts; if I copy them all back to the SIM, does that delete them off the phone, or are they just stored in both places?

Delete the device from activesync. Copy the items from the SIM onto the phone again. Connect your phone to the PC, activesync should ask you to set the profile back up, and should ask you what you want to do with the contacts. It sounds like AS has got confused and is overwriting the phone's contact list with it's own, rather than merging them.

Guest Rush242
Delete the device from activesync. Copy the items from the SIM onto the phone again. Connect your phone to the PC, activesync should ask you to set the profile back up, and should ask you what you want to do with the contacts. It sounds like AS has got confused and is overwriting the phone's contact list with it's own, rather than merging them.

That's exactly what it seems to be doing, but deleting the phone doesn't help. When I reconnect the Kaiser, it starts to sync, and then it asks me about what it should do with each of the different sync items. For each of them there is a "settings" button, but when it comes to Contacts, that button is grayed out.

It does ask me what I want to do with the things on the bottom of the list (I think those are computer files and folders or something), and it gives me the option to combine them or overwrite them, or do nothing with them. But picking combine them doesn't help. All is over-written.

Could it be that the trial version of Outlook has this blocked on purpose?

Guest Alkali
That's exactly what it seems to be doing, but deleting the phone doesn't help. When I reconnect the Kaiser, it starts to sync, and then it asks me about what it should do with each of the different sync items. For each of them there is a "settings" button, but when it comes to Contacts, that button is grayed out.

It does ask me what I want to do with the things on the bottom of the list (I think those are computer files and folders or something), and it gives me the option to combine them or overwrite them, or do nothing with them. But picking combine them doesn't help. All is over-written.

Could it be that the trial version of Outlook has this blocked on purpose?

Rush, the best way out is to remove Active Sync from your computer, restart the computer, re install Active sync and restart the computer again and set up a new sync with outlook and let us we what happen.Try getting another active sync from the web(google) will do. I mean if resent one is from the CD, get another from the web/.

Guest Rush242
Rush, the best way out is to remove Active Sync from your computer, restart the computer, re install Active sync and restart the computer again and set up a new sync with outlook and let us we what happen.Try getting another active sync from the web(google) will do. I mean if resent one is from the CD, get another from the web.

OK, I'll give that a shot. The one I used did come from the CD that came in the pack.

Thanks, Alkali, and everyone else. I appreciate your help. As it stands, I have AS disabled right now, because if I don't, I go to install something or transfer a file and >WHAM< they're all gone again. D'oh!!

Guest Rush242

Well OK, that was annoying. All at once I removed and reinstalled Activesync (that I downloaded from Microsoft), activated Outlook, and then, just to be sure, I UNchecked the box next to sync contacts, sync'ed, REchecked the sync contacts box, and voila, there they were.

Not only did it sync correctly, as I made corrections on Outlook, it changed them instantly on the Kaiser.

Thanks for all your suggestions, folks. This is one great little machine.