o2 mms

Guest Goldberg83

Guest Goldberg83

I have just realised that I cannot recieve mms messages, but instead have to go to the o2 website to view them. I never had to do this before with my nokia n91. Can anyone give advice on setting my kaiser up to recieve mms directly to my phone?

Thanks

Well I'm guessing you don't have the o2 settings in your phone properly as you don't have an o2 device? Unless they came out all of a sudden? Sorry this doesn't really help but I thought I'd check!

Edited by lozzd

• 1 month later...

I have the exact same problem - and it won't let me send them - says 'User Barred'. Phoned O2 and they say that because the HTC TyTNII is not on their list of compatible phones that it won't work with gprs or with MMS. SO I told the guy that it works perfectly - picks up GPRS, EDGE and HSDPA perfectly. So he claims that because the phone is on their network it might work with that but there's supposedly nothing they can do to get it to work with MMS.

This really hacks me off - never had a problem on Orange before I switched. So looks like O2 will lose a customer over this - I'm on simplicity so can change no worries.

I may call up again later and suggest that since I've seen they're releasing the XDA Stellar on the 26th, surely the settings must be already in the system so surely the TyTN II must actually work?!!

Yeah, it's just annoying though as other than this, I've actually found O2 really good - I get HSDPA pretty much everywhere and normal phone reception cannot be faulted. I'm on the 200MB data bolt-on for £7.50 which I know can be bettered on other networks but is more than enough for me at the moment, and with simplicity, I can cancel at any time!

So I don't really want to go to another network, but if they won't sort this out...

Looking around, I'm sure it should be able to work - other people who've had this problem have called the Data Services tema direct and they've found that one of the servers is not enabled for their account and fixed it, but that line is 60p a minute apparently and I don't fancy paying that when they should sort this themselves.