Need help removing sim contacts from contacts. . .

Guest Ghost_1

Guest Ghost_1

I know this is kinda stupid, but it's been bugging me and I've done several searches and read a bunch of posts.

Simple enough, I copied all my SIM contacts to my contacts on my Kaiser. Problem is now I have two contacts that show up, one for the SIM and one for the phone. On my I-mate JAM and T-mo Dash it was simple in the phone options. I've looked everywhere on the kaiser and I still can't figure out how to do it. Anyone know what I am talking about/how to fix this? thanks in advance!

Guest sc0user_75

I posted this some time back too - but didnt get a reply... which I guess means there isn't a straight forward fix to this. So what I done was deleted ALL contact using Sim Manager and then synced my contacts from my computer.

Sorry mate. this is the only suggestion I have.

Guest shaun1208

I was having the exact same problem, I ended up copying all my contacts onto the phone memory then deleting them on my sim, its not ideal but it worked. the only thing is that one time my contacts disappeared and only came back when I reset the phone and then last wednesday night they dissapeared again but this time they didn't come back. luckily I had sync'd my phone the other day so I just changed the options so that when they sync, any changes found would be altered on the device rather than on the pc. so I managed to get my contacts all back but during the period where they had all gone I was crapping myself.

I, like yourself would love to see a way of having both but only displaying one set of them

Shaun

Guest Shuflie
I know this is kinda stupid, but it's been bugging me and I've done several searches and read a bunch of posts.

Simple enough, I copied all my SIM contacts to my contacts on my Kaiser. Problem is now I have two contacts that show up, one for the SIM and one for the phone. On my I-mate JAM and T-mo Dash it was simple in the phone options. I've looked everywhere on the kaiser and I still can't figure out how to do it. Anyone know what I am talking about/how to fix this? thanks in advance!

From XDA DEVS

Either manually edit the registry, with a registry editor (Resco (Trial) / Total Commander (Free)).

Changing/Creating a DWORD entry called "ShowSIM" here:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Phone\ShowSim

With value 0 to hide them or 1 to show them.

Or use the "Hide Sim Contact.cab" file from this post which will do the same, just a little easier if you don't already have a registry editor: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...44&postcount=1

Both found in this forum by searching for "hide sim"

Here's the post

Guest NuShrike

Maybe the search is broken. I've already posted a fix for this. Works after reset too.

http://www.modaco.com/Tweak-requests-t2589...st&p=843620

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Ghost_1
Maybe the search is broken. I've already posted a fix for this. Works after reset too.

http://www.modaco.com/Tweak-requests-t2589...st&p=843620

Nah the search isn't broken, I'm just lazy. lol after I try 6 or 7 variations and read through several different posts on each search I get tired and lazy lol.

Thanks for the posting. I actually am trying out xda-forums tweak pack which is pretty much like paul's with the ability to adjust the settings. It works pretty good but I have to reset the hide sim option on every soft reset. not a biggy since I started using PocketCM, which BTW kicks butt! and solves the problem.

Guest NuShrike
Thanks for the posting. I actually am trying out xda-forums tweak pack which is pretty much like paul's with the ability to adjust the settings. It works pretty good but I have to reset the hide sim option on every soft reset. not a biggy since I started using PocketCM, which BTW kicks butt! and solves the problem.
Okay, but if you never need a superior one that works after soft-reset ... Fairly popular on xda too.

Guest Ghost_1
Okay, but if you never need a superior one that works after soft-reset ... Fairly popular on xda too.

Yeah, I gotta hard reset my phone soon anyways so I'm going to D/L the cab and redo everything. I never hard reset the phone when I got it, I just wanted to tweak it where I wanted and then hard reset then. I figure your way is better, I just didn't want to admit it lol ;)