Auto disconnect internet connection???

Guest sc0user_75

Guest sc0user_75

Right, this is one thing I really need - a way to make the internet disconnect automatically when I shut down the internet or email account.

Most times I do remember to do it - but sometimes... well sometimes I do forget.

I've trawled the phone and the manual and there doesn't seem to be anyway of doing this.

There is a tweak somewhere that enables you to allocate a time scale of when to disconnect, but this is no good as sometimes you may need a connection for a minute and sometime for 10!

Guest Webreaper

Why do you want to close the connection? What does it matter? Having the connection there does nothing to affect battery power (unless you're actually sending/rec'ing data) and it costs nothing either. Just stop worrying about it, and think of it as a positive thing - it'll be quicker the next time you do want to do some data transfer. ;)

Guest sc0user_75
Why do you want to close the connection? What does it matter? Having the connection there does nothing to affect battery power (unless you're actually sending/rec'ing data) and it costs nothing either. Just stop worrying about it, and think of it as a positive thing - it'll be quicker the next time you do want to do some data transfer. ;)

It costs nothing? Really? I thought you get charged even for it just being on and you not surfing the net.

If you're right then I have no worries :wub:

It costs nothing? Really? I thought you get charged even for it just being on and you not surfing the net.

If you're right then I have no worries ;)

Nope that is correct. You only get charged for what you download so if your not downloading then it shouldn't cost you a bean. :wub:

Guest Nick Le Lievre
and you're sure it doesnt affect battery at all to have gprs on all the time ?

Not if your used to getting 1-2 days out of every charge it doesn't. I get 4-5 days out of every charge with my light usage. If I left GPRS on all the time I expect I`d be getting 1-2 days and it then wouldn't matter how much usage I gave it I`d still get 1-2 days and I`d be used to that so it wouldn't affect battery life.