MoDaCo Boot Splash for Kaiser

Guest PaulOBrien

The splash screen comes up in two parts, the Rom based one first, then the windows one. I like the flashed HTC rom one, but didn't like the 2nd, green windows mobile one. The file, welcomehead96.png in the windows dir can be substituted with a 320x320 png file of your choice. It's square to cover landscape mode boots, anyhow, I use the attached one as I like the HTC splash, to this, then to my Black Theme. No flashing needed, just change the read-only attribute on the original file and copy on a new one.

Go to the light!

post-275760-1193283215_thumb.png

Edited by Erem

Guest Manni01
The splash screen comes up in two parts, the Rom based one first, then the windows one. I like the flashed HTC rom one, but didn't like the 2nd, green windows mobile one. The file, welcomehead96.png in the windows dir can be substituted with a 320x320 png file of your choice. It's square to cover landscape mode boots, anyhow, I use the attached one as I like the HTC splash, to this, then to my Black Theme. No flashing needed, just change the read-only attribute on the original file and copy on a new one.

Go to the light!

Thanks for the tip, but I was hoping to replace the t-mob screen (that's the one that stays on for a LONG time...)

Go to the light!

I can't find that file in the Windows Directory.

Am I being thick?

Using Resco Explorer

Guest fatmcgav

QUick question for you about Step 2...

When i run through to the point of Update ROM, it says i'm going from version 1.56.110.4 to Version 1.00.000.0

Is this right? Any adverse effects?

Don't wanna go doin anythin daft.

Cheers

Gavin

Guest fatmcgav

Nvm, i worked it out from XDA ;)

Cheers

G

QUick question for you about Step 2...

When i run through to the point of Update ROM, it says i'm going from version 1.56.110.4 to Version 1.00.000.0

Is this right? Any adverse effects?

Don't wanna go doin anythin daft.

Cheers

Gavin

I can't find that file in the Windows Directory.

Am I being thick?

Using Resco Explorer

Hmmm, I'm not sure. I have welcomehead96.png in my 8525 (but the first time I played with it was after flashing to the "Black" Roms so they may have added it?). It is in my HTC branded TyTN II with the stock ROM, I was getting the HTC animated logo for several seconds, then the green WinMobile logo for about the same time. The WinMobile splash is the one that's in my TyTN's windows folder (welcomehead96.png) and I would expect to be on yours as well.

Sounds like you aren't seeing your hidden files

Depending on what version of Resco you have you need to dig through the options and untick hide hidden files, system files etc

• 1 month later...
Guest Electronic Punk

Is it possible to get the original Vodafone splash from anyway and restore it in this manner?

I reflashed to the HTC stock ROM but actually like the Vodafone logo better (and as a bonus it covers up the red version text nicely)

Guest Electronic Punk

Done a little more work and managed to extract some Vodafone images from a Hermes ROM and it would appear to be the same image with the same dimensions.

It also seems to have a MainSplash (as referenced from your NBH) and also a SubSplash -- not sure if that one is relevent to the Kaiser.

Anyway, hopefully something can be done :(

VodafoneBootImages.zip

• 7 months later...
Guest Transform
Using a bunch of tools created by the clever chaps at XDA-Developers, i've created a MoDaCo Boot Splash for the Kaiser. Much nicer than the T-Mo one and should work on any Kaiser!

Download and extract the attached ZIP. Step 1 installs Hard-SPL on your device (CID unlock and no signature check for flashes). Step 2 installs the actual boot screen.

As with any flash process there is a slight danger of bricking if you were to do something silly part way through the flash - you do it at your own risk. It worked fine for me though! :D

P

PS This process won't hard reset your device, so your data is safe!

ModacoDude.jpg

If this method above doesn't hard reset my phone, is it possible to run the zip file but for me to upload a different picture?