SMS - Is there anyway...

Guest chilledatthebottom

Guest chilledatthebottom

... of getting the SMS application to store outgoing messages in the OUTBOX when trying to send when signal is temporarily lost? I basically work inside a faraday cage during the day and the only place I can get signal is if I leave my handset perched against my window. Moving it 1mm away from the window, bammo, no signal.

It's driving me absolutely batty to have to keep going back in to drafts, reopen my message, then hit resend, when I see signal has reappeared after I've put my phone back against the window.

Any solutions would be gratefully received ;)

Guest ginnermark
... of getting the SMS application to store outgoing messages in the OUTBOX when trying to send when signal is temporarily lost? I basically work inside a faraday cage during the day and the only place I can get signal is if I leave my handset perched against my window. Moving it 1mm away from the window, bammo, no signal.

It's driving me absolutely batty to have to keep going back in to drafts, reopen my message, then hit resend, when I see signal has reappeared after I've put my phone back against the window.

Any solutions would be gratefully received :wub:

You could try another SMS app? I just tried it on the threaded SMS app on flight mode and it sat in outbox until I turned on the phone radio again.

I don't think I can post links to it here but google for "xda developers threaded sms" ;)

Do read the first few pages to be sure you know what it does. The existing SMS app and the new one use different databases to store the messages in - they're not compatible. Oh, do try and find the "UK T-Mobile" one - it's in that thread somewhere. The other one works but the UK one has the SMS message centre all pre-configured. I don't know but the other one might send it thru a foreign one and that might cost.

There's also Textr, discussed on this site. Just remember that anything like this may be a bugger to uninstall so back up first.

Edited by ginnermark