No imei-check Kaiser unlock (or Florin_m vs pof)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Alex (nedge2k)

Man, all I'm seeing here is a couple of winging fanboys who'd like to be in the limelight but have nothing useful to contribute. Instead they wait for times such as this to kick up a stink about things they know very little about. Very Jacek-esque....

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Paul (MVP)

C'mon nedge, the conversation is finally turning sensible, be nice!

(and that applies to everyone else too, don't take the bait - remember MoDaCo is meant to be a friendly place!)

P

Guest Mysterious Stranger
Going back and editing your post afterwards is ridiculous, and ruins the whole context of the later conversation.

P

I agree. So what gives?

Edit - EH? I'VE QUOTED A POST THAT NO LONGER EXISTS? WTF?

M.S

Guest MARKUKCOUK
There's a number of reasons Mark, not least...

- The response came quite a while after the original post, and additions are generally tacked on as in this post (that's no main reason tho)

- The response from pof is very lengthy, and would probably be teasered on the front page anyway

- The response from olipro isn't appropriate for the front page

- The discussion around the topic at xda-devs may well be of interest to the reader

P

Now you see we are kinda getting somewhere - and I agree with what you've said. However, I STILL find it hard to believe that a short 1/2 sentence quote from POF's statement basically saying "I disagree" would have looked better from Modaco's point of view, and been fairer to POF. No agreement there?

Guest deadphill
(and that applies to everyone else too, don't take the bait - remember MoDaCo is meant to be a friendly place!)

P

your round then is it? Ill have a large one!

;)

Guest MARKUKCOUK
Man, all I'm seeing here is a couple of winging fanboys who'd like to be in the limelight but have nothing useful to contribute. Instead they wait for times such as this to kick up a stink about things they know very little about. Very Jacek-esque....

thats rich coming from you.

Guest FrankyG
However, some of the others here seem to have taken this rather personally and expressed severe doubts over your integrity as far as I can see (and quote frankly been downright rude). I have only been a member for a year but have seen nothing to indicate that this is justified. From a neutral point of view such postings detract from this discussion and forum generally.

here here !

That's what I don't understand in the tone of Mysterious Stranger's posts - it's like he's trying to get Paul to admit that he was wrong, or at least that he made an error of judgement in posting the full clip from Florin_m ;)

In the end Paul did make a judgement, posted it and informed everyone that a response was being sought from POF. Paul was doing his job. If Mysterious Stranger were to be news editor, he clearly would have taken a different approach. So we've got different points of view, deal with it. Mysterious Stranger - you're not news editor, please don't call into question someone's intergrity (the modaco plus snipes) because they choose a different approach than you would have. And no - I'm not Pauls Lawyer or PR Guy :wub:

FrankyG

ps Mysterious Stranger - haven't you in effect used this medium to call Paul 'Unfair' in his reporting?

pps [refrains from further postings in this topic....]

Edited by FrankyG

Guest Alex (nedge2k)
I agree. So what gives?

M.S

That was me, I del'd my post as I hadn't refreshed the page and thus didn't notice the next page full of stuff where you may have already answered the original question.

Guest awarner (MVP)

This is just going round in circles and begining to get boring, just reading pages of rants by people who are not directly involved with this story/thread and its turned into a lets attack for the sake of it.

From reading this from the start, the people involved directly with the "story" have made their comments and left it at that, it's about time others learned where its time to stop what has now turned into a personal atacking thread.

Personally I feel that any positive support the atytackers may have had at the begining may have now dwindled somewhat.

Guest Paul (MVP)
Now you see we are kinda getting somewhere - and I agree with what you've said. However, I STILL find it hard to believe that a short 1/2 sentence quote from POF's statement basically saying "I disagree" would have looked better from Modaco's point of view, and been fairer to POF. No agreement there?

Sure, 'Response from pof' could have read 'Rebuttal from pof' (in fact it now does) or perhaps 'POF and team defend their unlockers' or similar - and with hindsight maybe that would have saved a lot of conflict - but I don't think that significantly changes the message of the post.

I think if people are INTERESTED in imei-check's allegations rather than the topic of the post itself (i.e. no imei-check unlock), then they're gonna click the link to pof's response regardless of the wording. The response that - I reiterate - was added at the earliest possible opportunity.

P

That was me, I del'd my post as I hadn't refreshed the page and thus didn't notice the next page full of stuff where you may have already answered the original question.

Unlikely since no-one else asked upto that point....

Things that make you go 'hmmmmmm'....... ;)

M.S

Guest Paul (MVP)

I think it's taking it's natural course now everyone's calmed down a bit anyway ;)

markukcouk has PM'd me (poorly) justifying his slurs, so I think everyone can go back to what they were doing.

Step back ladies and gentlemen, nothing to see here... :wub:

P

Guest Alex (nedge2k)
Unlikely since no-one else asked upto that point....

Things that make you go 'hmmmmmm'....... ;)

M.S

Um, no, that's what happened. If I had wanted to cover it up I would have just deleted your post and any subsequent posts...but I aint trying to cover it up :wub:

markukcouk has PM'd me (poorly) justifying his slurs, so I think everyone can go back to what they were doing.

P

Too much info? Damning with faint praise? Not that it's praise, but be saying 'he's taken his slurs offline into PM's' implies he's done the right thing to make it private yet his argument is still poor. Surely just 'markukcouk has pm'd me to continue discussion' would have done?....

M.S

Guest Alex (nedge2k)
Too much info? Damning with faint praise? Not that it's praise, but be saying 'he's taken his slurs offline into PM's' implies he's done the right thing to make it private yet his argument is still poor. Surely just 'markukcouk has pm'd me to continue discussion' would have done?....

M.S

Don't you have anything better to do?

I know I have, l8rs all!

Guest FrankyG

M.S

Dude - you're an argumentative type aren't you? Are you having a bad day? PMT?

Um, no, that's what happened. If I had wanted to cover it up I would have just deleted your post and any subsequent posts...but I aint trying to cover it up ;)

But you didn't ask it again afterwards?....it ruins the flow of the whole conversation, just like Paul said :wub:

Nice to know your thought patterns though.

M.S

edit for spelling. damn USB keyboard...

Edited by Mysterious Stranger

You do seem to be on a bit of a mission tho........

Have you never wanted to stand up for someone being called a thief when he wasn't around to say he wasn't? Never got annoyed with people who provide platforms for others who make those slurs with no critical anaylsis ( at time of original posting)? Never wanted people to present balanced facts in a story?

Ok then...

M.S