Arghhhhhh! I cant believe my luck!!!

Guest sc0user_75

Guest sc0user_75

A very quick cry for help here guys, before I call T-Mobile... again!

I just got my 3rd handset in today. I charged it up. Put in my sim. And was all ready to go.

BUT when I get to the set-up screen - where you have to tap the screen to calibrate it NOTHING HAPPENS ;) Im tapping and tapping but the phone just does not respond.

I took out the battery again, and reinstalled it. Same with the Sim card. And still nothing.

I seriously will be peeved if the phone has to go back again. No one can have this much bad luck... can they?????

Any help would be much appreciated please.

Guest dbaleanu
BUT when I get to the set-up screen - where you have to tap the screen to calibrate it NOTHING HAPPENS ;) Im tapping and tapping but the phone just does not respond.

Had the same problem, tried in vain to tap with stylus. Thought was going mad. Tapped with finger and bingo!

Guest knonist
A very quick cry for help here guys, before I call T-Mobile... again!

I just got my 3rd handset in today. I charged it up. Put in my sim. And was all ready to go.

I took out the battery again, and reinstalled it. Same with the Sim card. And still nothing.

I seriously will be peeved if the phone has to go back again. No one can have this much bad luck... can they?????

Any help would be much appreciated please.

tried hard reseting?

Guest sc0user_75

Dbaleanu, once you tapped with your finger did it calibrate properly? If yes, then were there any further problems after that?

Knoist, how do you carry out a hard reset? Is that the CLear Storage method?

Guest dbaleanu
Dbaleanu, once you tapped with your finger did it calibrate properly? If yes, then were there any further problems after that?

To calibrate I used the stylus, tapped with finger just to get it past the freezing stage. Yes, it did calibrate properly. No problems after.

Guest Shuflie

Knoist, how do you carry out a hard reset? Is that the CLear Storage method?

You couldn't hard reset if you couldn't get the device set up using clear storage. Hold down the two soft keys and poke the stylus into the reset hole (that's the one that looks like it could be the mic right next to the lanyard connector)

Guest sc0user_75

Update guys:

Thanks for the tips and advice. I tapped the screen with my finger and that seemed to do the job.

All is calibrated and ready to go.

But as Im a little para now about the screen - one last question / favour from you guys though please.... could someone please use the Today background as the Green option (can't remember what the exact wording is on the settings option) and please let me know if the screen looks a little "grainy" where the tasks, calendar entries etc are.

Once again, thank you to you all for helping me. I was pulling my hair out in frustration!

Guest jjimenezjj

When I first got the Kaiser, I calibrated it with my finger. After that, I could only use the phone with my finger and NOT with my stylus ;)

So I re-calibrated but this time with my stylus. I noticed though, I needed to push a little harder with my stylus than I felt comfortable doing. Haven't had a problem since...

John J:)

Guest dbaleanu
But as Im a little para now about the screen - one last question / favour from you guys though please.... could someone please use the Today background as the Green option (can't remember what the exact wording is on the settings option) and please let me know if the screen looks a little "grainy" where the tasks, calendar entries etc are.

Can't say it's any more grainy to me.

Guest Ghost_1

Two things for everyone visiting this thread.

1. I had the same problem, if you use the screen protector that comes with the HTC TYTN2/VARIO3 try pressing a little more "firmly" on the screen. I personally noticed that with this particular touch screen I've had to be more "firm" with my screen presses.

2. If you haven't already try Paul's Tweak pack. After I installed the CAB file I noticed I didn't have to press as "firmly" to get the touch screen to do what I wanted it to do.