Quick way of making a new SMS

Guest lozzd

So now my main number has been transferred onto my T-Mobile contract and my Vario III, it's dawned on me how fecking annoying it is to go Right button, Right, Down, Select rather than just pressing the left button. In the same respect, I never deleted a message on my HTC Wizard (XDA Mini S) and it never slowed down, over 3500 messages in a year and a half ;)

So the delete option is completely useless. Any way to change it yet?

If you use any kind of launcher other than the launcher in HTC home, then just copy and paste this in notepad -

New, blank message: 99#\Windows\tmail.exe -service "SMS" -to "" -body ""

and then save it as NewSMS.lnk (or whatever you want to name it). You can then just copy it over to the My Documents folder and link it to your launcher and it will open up a new SMS message with 1 tap. Also, if you send a lot of SMS's to just 1 number then you can add that number between the "" just after the -to and the new SMS will be to that number. For some reason though it doesn't work with the HTC home launcher though. Tapping it in there just takes you to SMS/MMS inbox for some reason.

If you use any kind of launcher other than the launcher in HTC home, then just copy and paste this in notepad -

New, blank message: 99#\Windows\tmail.exe -service "SMS" -to "" -body ""

and then save it as NewSMS.lnk (or whatever you want to name it). You can then just copy it over to the My Documents folder and link it to your launcher and it will open up a new SMS message with 1 tap. Also, if you send a lot of SMS's to just 1 number then you can add that number between the "" just after the -to and the new SMS will be to that number. For some reason though it doesn't work with the HTC home launcher though. Tapping it in there just takes you to SMS/MMS inbox for some reason.

Xeno - this is fantastic. I would ask if you know how to use this link to assigning a button (in settings --> buttons) to this operation? If it is possible, where do I put the shortcut on my phone for this option to appear on the buttons list?

Guest sc0user_75
Xeno - this is fantastic. I would ask if you know how to use this link to assigning a button (in settings --> buttons) to this operation? If it is possible, where do I put the shortcut on my phone for this option to appear on the buttons list?

Xeno - nope. I tried this and no work ;)

Correct me if Im doing it wrong, but, I went into Notes. Keyed in what you suggested. But I could not find the Save As option thereafter. Am I missing something obvious???

Guest sc0user_75
Use notepad on your PC to save the file then copy it over to the device :wub:

Oh oh! I'm gona look even stupider now... a) I have a Mac. :D Please explain as though you are chating to a 3 year old what exactly I should do ;)

Google for a program called pocketnotepad and try using it on your phone to create the link. I've never used a mac (well, not in at least the last 15 years anyway) so I couldn't tell you how to do it on there.