Vario III no longer in stock at T-Mobile...

Guest knonist

Guest knonist

I was trying to get an exchange from T mobile as the phone has some minor fault,

they said ok and then they said there is no more stock of the handset!

and confirmed that there will be NO MORE stock in the future as this is a limited edition phone.

I wonder if it is ture?

Guest Howard Moon

Seems like a lot of hassle to spend all that money on testing only to release a limited number.

I was told by customer services today that they would contact me when they receive the next order.

;) Now i'm worried... I have a few problems with my Vario III and am waiting a replacement but was told today that they are out of stock and do not have an ETA either. Can anyone confirm that they won't get anymore in?

Well they are still showing on their website and from past experience, when items are out of stock the website automatically removes them and re-adds them as stock dictates.

Guest weeerob
Well they are still showing on their website and from past experience, when items are out of stock the website automatically removes them and re-adds them as stock dictates.

I rang up yesterday and they none in stock but I was told they were getting them in every day, just spoke to them again now and they say they have none and aren't expecting any for a while. Rubbish!

Guest tsutton

Think I'll give T-Mobile a call tomorrow if I do not hear back from them by the end of today. They did tell me it should be back in stock either today or tomorrow when I called them earlier this week.

I ordered mine as an upgrade for my Web'n'walk Pro account on Monday, Business support told me that they didn't have any stock at the moment, but would give me a courtesy call once they had them in (they couldn't give me an estimate as to when they'd have stock). Bus support are usually pretty good I find, and so I would expect them to have told me if they weren't getting any more in at all. I guess the rep who said that it was limited edition just needed 'educating' ;)

Guest knonist
I ordered mine as an upgrade for my Web'n'walk Pro account on Monday, Business support told me that they didn't have any stock at the moment, but would give me a courtesy call once they had them in (they couldn't give me an estimate as to when they'd have stock). Bus support are usually pretty good I find, and so I would expect them to have told me if they weren't getting any more in at all. I guess the rep who said that it was limited edition just needed 'educating' ;)

I guessed my VIII was the last few then, I ordered my VIII on monday 8th@ 1715!

But it is a shame that I am not all that happy with it

Guest shootydogthing
I guessed my VIII was the last few then, I ordered my VIII on monday 8th@ 1715!

But it is a shame that I am not all that happy with it

Swap it for my MDA Touch?

Guest rakeshunni

I ordered MDA vario III from mobileshop.com on a flext25+Webnwalk ..looks like they have a delivery from tmobile tomorrow and i can get the phone on monday.. i don't think it is going to be a limited edition..

was gona order from tmob today, but none in stock, they said they dont know when it will be back, maybe tomorrow, if not then next week,

so just gona have to wait !

Guest tsutton

Called T-Mobile - they said earlier they would have some in stock on Fri a 1pm. But none turned up.

The said to try the shop and they will mach their offer. Went there yesterday in Norwich. None in stock and they have a long waiting list! Added my name just in case...

Guest davidjtaylor
I ordered MDA vario III from mobileshop.com on a flext25+Webnwalk ..looks like they have a delivery from tmobile tomorrow and i can get the phone on monday.. i don't think it is going to be a limited edition..

I don't normally subscribe to conspiracy theories but what do you readers think about this one, I don't know if tmobile (or anyone else for that matter) has a history of this but here goes....remember when the vario3 was first announced and it turned out to be the "uglifed version", there were quite a few negative comments on the internet about this. then we heard that tmobile had changed the design to match the tytn2. but to everyone's surprise they released the ugified version anyway. now here's the conspiracy, tmobile release the uglified vario3 as a "limited edition" as they had produced the first design in some quantity. During this period they keep the "true" image of the vario3 on their webpage aka the updated tytn2 style vario3. when the stock of the uglifed version runs out they tell people it was a limited edition and they then start selling the updated tytn2 version, this also matches what is displayed on there website.

This could explain why they haven't updated their promotional literature or website with the correct images, it could also be as simple as sloppy design work!, but conspiracy theories are more fun!!!! :(

d ;)

Guest Mr.Clark

If I subscribed to conspiracy theories, I'd put in that that could be why the "uglified" (I like it!) version goes for £89.99 in the shops on the £22.50 WnW tariff, rather than the £170 that they quote for it in The Book.

But I don't.

So I won't ;)

Edited by Mr.Clark

Went there yesterday in Norwich. None in stock and they have a long waiting list! Added my name just in case...

I went a few weeks ago before I bought my Vario III over the phone; they said they had none in stock, were expecting them sometime in October and that they wouldn't maintain a waiting list because there was more demand than they could handle or something equally as stupid as that.