Connection issues,,, MSN, WiFi ..

Guest ofiaich

Guest ofiaich

Hi everyone !!

My first post !! I am searching, so please bear with me..... ;)

Can anyone give me some advice with these problems please....?

When I first used my TyTn II, after charging, I logged on to MSN with no problems. Haven't used MSN since....

I don't think the Vodafone signal is so good where I live but I can usually connect to the Internet using Explorer or Opera, but I can't seem to make MSN connect.

I was in the city centre today where the signal should be strong but MSN still would not connect.

It does not give an error message, just that I might be in an "area with bad reception".

If I use WiFi at home, I still cannot connect MSN using WiFi

I am not sure where to begin to diagnose the problem with MSN. I will start searching now........ but any advice is appreciated...

I have seen a MSN Cab around, and wonder whether to unistall MSN that came with my TyTn II soft reset, then install the newer one. That file is called WLM Build 1400

A second problem is that I use the TyTn II sometimes to connect to my home WiFi with no problem but I cannot connect in the university library.

It picks up the networks etc, and I add my user name and password, But no luck...

The university support staff are often reluctant to support different devices. I wonder if 'certificates' are needed but I was told that the university does not use them.

I was also told to download to my PC then to the Tytn II, certchk.exe because if cancels the need for certificates. I think certchk.exe is not available for Mobile Windows 5 and 6.....

The final thing I can't solve, is that I use Microsoft ActiveSynch with Outlook2007 on the PC. Outlook 2007 itself is synchronised with the Exchange Server, and I would like to synch directly to the exchange server.

I can see how to do that... but I get this error / support code - 80072ee2 I have searched about the code but not found a solution yet.

I was hoping to find a way to synch with the Exchange Server using,

1. my PC via a cable,

2. my PC via WiFi,

3. via GPRS when I am out and about,

4. via WiFi when I am out and about.

Should I be able to achieve all of these?

Any help appreciated!

Ofiaich icon_smile.gif

post-309124-1192052505_thumb.jpg

post-309124-1192052522_thumb.jpg

Guest ofiaich

Hi everyone !

57 reads but no advice... !!

I am not sure what I can do to make the MSN on the ROM work again. Do I really have to install a newer version...?

If you have any ideas about my thread, please tell me !

Ofiaich