Initialising GPS causes reboot (soft reset)

Guest catchwater

Guest catchwater

Having read other posts about getting GPS to work, and following the suggestions there, I seem to have a more fundamental problem:

If I try to invoke or start the GPS (using GPSInfo, GPSViewer, Google Maps etc), the GPS light comes on twice, but after a few seconds the machine restarts itself (soft reset). This happens consistently, every time.

I have done a hard reset, and installed GPSInfo and GPSViewer on local storage as well as (previously, before hard reset) a storage card.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is there any chance that this is some software-related issue, before I conclude it's a hardware issue...? Is there any way to see status/view error logs/run diagnostics checks etc to work out what is actually going on before I resort to returning the unit?

Guest catchwater
I had the same , the problem seems to come from a not correct file stored by quickgps .. more info here : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=335800

Yes, you're right, having updated QuickGPS, then used GPSViewer to start the GPS, Google Maps fires up with no problems, satellites are found, and for the first time I have a functioning GPS! So all this time I must simply have had duff QuickGPS data... still, I'm quite surprised that the machine restarts just because of this, but relieved that it's not a hardware fault.

Many thanks for the help...