Kaiser 3G Modem App

Guest botess

As I suspect a number of you do, I travel around with my laptop for work. Having a data connection through a 3G USB Modem is a little too expensive for my liking at the moment, £25 a month is a phone contract in itself.

I have dabbled with using my older phones as modems, but they did not have 3G technology and thus were too slow for most things.

Now that I've got a Kaiser, I would like to know what you experts think is the best app for utilising the Kaiser as a 3G modem for laptops - suggestions are appreciated!

Guest jimbouk

I don't understand the question?

You talk about the cost and then which app...

The cost is down to your network. The app is "internet connection sharing" which WM6 devices offer over both BT and USB.

Guest Phil Lee

Like Jimbo says, just go to Comm Manager and activate Internet Sharing and attach your phone to your PC. After a few seconds you should be able to access the net via the phone. I had no problem with this when I tested it out a couple of days ago (I only did it out of curiosity honest T-Mobile ;), I promise I won't do it again).

Edited by Phil Lee

Guest jimbouk

If your laptop has Vista and BT, then activate ICS on your device, saying yes to BT dicoverable question, on laptop go to Start, Connect TO, Then select "Set up a connection or network", then page down and click on Bluetooth PAN, then it will search for your devices BT PAN and offer that - select it and hey presto!

You can also save BT PAN as a shortcut to your desktop to speed up connecting.

If your laptop has Vista and BT, then activate ICS on your device, saying yes to BT dicoverable question, on laptop go to Start, Connect TO, Then select "Set up a connection or network", then page down and click on Bluetooth PAN, then it will search for your devices BT PAN and offer that - select it and hey presto!

You can also save BT PAN as a shortcut to your desktop to speed up connecting.

Or, even better, use it as a wireless access point instead of bluetooth...by tweaking the wireless network adapter to replace the Bluetooth adapter for the share...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=332360

more on this solution here (with pics etc):

http://www.pocketpcmag.com/blogs/index.php...p;pb=1#more2207