New OS for the Samsung i600

Guest RicardoMile

Guest RicardoMile

Hello All,

Your assistance will be highly appreciated!

I have 2 questions :

1) I have recently purchased the Samsung i600. By default, my phone has the Windows Mobile 5 standard edition, but I learnt that Windows Mobile 6 is now available as an upgrade. The following site (http://www.samsungmobile.com/promotion/i600/index.jsp) does not have an English version, how should I go about it? My current hardware & rom version is as follows:-

PDA Version : i600JPGE6

Phone Version : i600JPGE6

Eboot Version : i600JPGE6

2) How can I change the above PDA, Phone and Eboot version, and probably by changing that, I should be able to load Windows Mobile 6?

Please help me.

Thanks.

Guest Aresito

The first step is as easy as starting to read a little.

You have various posts in this forum explaining how to make the upgrade to WM6, so take a little time to read and ask any question you have after reading the procedure.

Guest RicardoMile

The reason I post the topic was I could not get the answer, I keep getting incorrect version sort of error, and that is why I went the extra mile to include other more information to get help, as I was told there is always solution in Modaco forum ;)

Any help will be appreciated for me to get my samsung working

The first step is as easy as starting to read a little.

You have various posts in this forum explaining how to make the upgrade to WM6, so take a little time to read and ask any question you have after reading the procedure.

Guest Aresito
The reason I post the topic was I could not get the answer, I keep getting incorrect version sort of error, and that is why I went the extra mile to include other more information to get help, as I was told there is always solution in Modaco forum ;)

Any help will be appreciated for me to get my samsung working

As I Said read a little before asking anwered questions.... your question has been answered if you couldn't get the answer it's because you didn't read enough (and it seems very easy to me to find what post should you read in order to find your answer...).

Have you taken the time to read the post "Samsung SGH-i600 - Firmware Updates here?", The answer is no, because in that post is perfectly explained how to upgrade from WM5 to WM6. My i600 is spanish -there is no official upgrade from spanish ROM as there aren't english- and I didn't spent more than two and half hours since i received the mobile, found ModaCo page via Google, found the exact post -it wa the easiest part- and had my i600 upgraded. And as I said the only thing i did was reading for a little while.

Guest RicardoMile

Thank you - I got it up and running now :>

As I Said read a little before asking anwered questions.... your question has been answered if you couldn't get the answer it's because you didn't read enough (and it seems very easy to me to find what post should you read in order to find your answer...).

Have you taken the time to read the post "Samsung SGH-i600 - Firmware Updates here?", The answer is no, because in that post is perfectly explained how to upgrade from WM5 to WM6. My i600 is spanish -there is no official upgrade from spanish ROM as there aren't english- and I didn't spent more than two and half hours since i received the mobile, found ModaCo page via Google, found the exact post -it wa the easiest part- and had my i600 upgraded. And as I said the only thing i did was reading for a little while.