PocketCM on Kaiser - Have you tried it?

Guest FlangeArtist

Guest dolbe666
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone has tried PocketCM (www.pocketcm.com) on the Kaiser yet? It's a FREE replacement for your address book and gets a good review in this months PDA Essentials & GPS Advisor magazine.

yep i put it on my TYTN II yesterday and quite like it. the interface is very reponsive and its got some featured pocket informant doesnt have. only one small thing is how to shut it down, there is no x button to close the program so i have to endtask it through the filemanager

Guest Phil Lee

You can shut it down by pressing and holding the bottom right hand icon then sliding your finger over to the x icon that appears. You have to keep in contact with the screen at all times to do this.

Guest dolbe666
You can shut it down by pressing and holding the bottom right hand icon then sliding your finger over to the x icon that appears. You have to keep in contact with the screen at all times to do this.

Thanks for that. I can now confirm its perfect for my needs ;)

Guest Rush242

It looks good, but what's the deal with the theme requirement? Must we have a theme for the Kaiser for it to work, and does it work in conjunctions with Pocket Informant??

Guest wizzzard
It looks good, but what's the deal with the theme requirement? Must we have a theme for the Kaiser for it to work, and does it work in conjunctions with Pocket Informant??

I've been using PocketCM since version 9 on my Wizard and it was probably the 1st thing I installed on my Kaiser/Vario III, after Total Commander.

It comes with a default theme called "Touch", can you guess what it looks like? It is intuative to use and can be configured easilly.

It uses the default Contacts database and the original WM Contacts app is available from within PocketCM so I think it should work with Pocket Informant. You might like to try PocketCM Keyboard from the same site, much better than the default on screen keyboard.

Guest sc0user_75

Ok. Having just praised this kit I have managed to kinda lose it. When I press contact Im now getting the VIII default contacts screen. But I oh so want the PocketCM contacts back.

How do I do this please?

PLEASE IGNORE THIS POST. JUST SORTED IT.

In case anyone else has the same problem - just shut down your default contacts and then click again on contacts and voila. The PocketCM contacts are back ;)

Edited by sc0user_75

Guest sc0user_75

You can also Toggle the full screen option. This'll give you the X at the top right of the screen.

Guest dolbe666
Oh yeah. I forgot to add that bit... as does the End Call button.

the end call button just minimises it, thats what i was doing before i knew how to close it properly. i was using the end call key then ending it with the x button (HTC process manager)

Guest chilledatthebottom

Well by default, my left soft button is "contacts"... Seems that installing PocketCM hooks into that button overriding the original contact list.

Seems that PocketCM might stay on my Kaiser for a while to come ;)

Guest wizzzard
the end call button just minimises it, thats what i was doing before i knew how to close it properly. i was using the end call key then ending it with the x button (HTC process manager)

You are supposed to leave it running in the background minimised, rather than closed, as it takes a while to load initially. I've pretty much stoped closing commonly used apps since getting the kaiser anyway as the memory management in WM6 with the larger RAM of the Kaiser seems to work properly.

Guest dolbe666
You are supposed to leave it running in the background minimised, rather than closed, as it takes a while to load initially. I've pretty much stoped closing commonly used apps since getting the kaiser anyway as the memory management in WM6 with the larger RAM of the Kaiser seems to work properly.

I just have a shortcut in my homescreen for it, that way i get the best possible battery life from my kaiser by keeping running programs to a minimum. when i need it its just a tap on hte screen

Guest Ghost_1

All my friends have iphones and they were giving me poop cause my TYTN II wasn't as pretty. . . now I got pocketCM contacts and keyboard running they're all a little more quiet now. lol Lovely applications I'll be donating to them ny next paycheck, my TYTN cost so much my next three paychecks are feeling it lol.

Guest FlangeArtist
Bit off topic, but as the original poster mentioned it - PDA Essentials mag is OK but SOOOO overpriced!

P

(also off topic) I agree, massively over priced and I read a friends copy or give it a read at the WH Smiths @ the train station :-)

Guest sc0user_75

Guys, after my post above, I've managed to lose PocketCM as my default. I tried my method of shutting down the VIII's default contacts and then starting up PocketCM. But everytime I click on Contacts I get the default Contacts again.

How can I make PocketCM my default Contacts again?

Guest joemailey

I've only seen the screenshots of this.

How well does it group your msgs?(something i've missed so much from my palm treo 650 after switching to the htc 710)

Will be getting the Kaiser as a free upgrade at end of next month. and pocketcm does what i want, well looks like it does.

grouping msg's together as a little conversation.

is it good at doing it?