Kaiser - GPS How?

Guest Beezer

Hi,

I currently still have an MDA with CoPilot 5 on it via T-Mobile. Have waited ages for the Kaiser to appear as Vario III and ignored other upgrades though I have been due for one for some time.

...Now currently in shock as Vario III has not appeared with Co-Pilot as an option on the T-Mobile site making it worse than my current phone (Yeah... Yeah... I know, 3g wifi better camera better screen. So what? I know how I use my own phone and it's mainly GPS, Mail and Phonecalls which the MDA is and always has been a complete star at).

I don't want to buy "half a Kaiser" as it will be for me, without maps.

What is the answer - oh knowledgable ones?

1) "Hang on for a Copilot 7 T-Mobile deal to appear as it surely will"

2) "Buy the Vario III and fit your existing Co-Pilot 5. Dude - what are you waiting for?"

3) "The free maps on the phone are good enough for London" (Are they? - I wouldn't know)

4) "Use your MDA as GPS and your Vario III as a phone, Dimmo"

5) "Get the phone and load your own Tom Tom like the TT5 post on here" It's better anyway.

6) "If it does all you need keep the MDA and demand a discount for not upgrading from T-Mobile" (lol)

7) Operator X has a deal that will give you all you want. Stuff T-Mobile.

Would preferably like some detail behind some of the answers. Is CoPilot 5 likely to run on the Vario III at all? (I'm an IT guy so you can assume I will be able to lever it off the current SD card or their website and reregister it on the new device - but have YOU tried this? And did it work?)

Thanks

Beezer

...I feel a poll coming on. Would still like full answers from those who know though. ;)