TomTom Navigator 6 + M3100

Guest diacono

Guest diacono

I'm very confused. I got TomTom Navigator 6 from http://www.expansys.com/d.aspx?partner=modaco&i=140740 and am really struggling to get it to work.

So far this is what I've done

1. Installed the software from the CDRom.

2. Clicked on install to TomTom... nothing appeared on my device

I then noticed that TomTom Home only has voices and satellite photos to install!

3. Un-installed TomTom Home and re-installed from the SDCard, but still the same.

Now I've spoken to TomTom support who are telling me that the M3100 was not listed as supported, yet they could not even find it on their list so don't have any products that are *supported* for the M3100!

But I can see loads of people who have installed it here http://www.tracyandmatt.co.uk/blogs/index....orange_spv_m310 and here http://www.expansys.com/ft.aspx?k=94756

I'm confused, anyone got it working? I have WM5 - 5.1.465

Thanks in advance

Guest bigbaldbloke

The link that you posted says that it comes on a Mini-SD card. Is that the case? If so, you should just need to insert the card while the phone's off, fire it up & Set Up should begin as soon as WM5 loads.......

Guest Neil5459

As bigbaldbloke says- which media did this come with- CD, or MiniSD?

If MiniSD, you need to copy some folders to the MicroSD you will use with your M3100.

The best bet is to copy all the folders to the MicroSD card, but for installation of the core program, the most important one is called '2577' ; This is a special 'self-running' folder that looks at your system when the card is inserted, or after a soft reset. If TTN is not installed, it will install it; if it is installed, it will run the program.

The other essential folders are the map folder, the Voices folder, and the Zip folder (which contains Postcode details)

If you don't have a MiniSD card, but a CD, look for similar folders on the CD and copy to your MicroSD card.

Guest diacono

Thanks to all, that did the trick... Both TomTom and Expansys support where unable to help with something as basic as this!

Now I imagine that I can delete some of the files/installer that I copied onto the microSD or maybe even all as I only have a 1Gb card. Does anyone know what needs to stay and what can go?

Also, it seems like TomTom does not automatically pickup my BT-GPS and I have to select it manually (preferences > GPS Device > Select > Com6) for it to kick in. Surely this can't be normal.

Guest Neil5459

It is normal for GPS applications to need manually configuring, as you can set up a BT GPS port on a number of physical COM ports. Those that do an autoconfig usually take longer than manual entry because they have to interrogate each COM port in turn.

Once TomTom is installed, you can remove the whole of the 2577 folder (I copy mine to the PC for safe keeping in case of the need to reinstall); only saves about 10MB though so not really much use on a 1GB card. The only large files are the map files, and you can't change those! Best bet is a bigger storage card.

Removing the 2577 folder will remove the 'program autorun on insert' ability, but for most people that is a bonus unless you use a dedicated SatNav storage card ;)