Sounds and Notifications...

Guest sc0user_75

Guest sc0user_75

Right, enough is enough. I've just been trying to find suitable sounds to notify me of emails, txts, reminders etc And I've only been able to find about 4 decent tones!!! ;)

Are HTC taking the mic with some of these tones? Or am I missing something here and not seeing the light???

The tones are either waaaaaaaay too short! Or they are waaaaaay too quiet! Or they are waaaaaaaaaaaaay to strange!

If I were to BT tones over from my N95, where can I store them to be able to access the tones? Or does someone have some decent tones they can post up here please :(

Guest burrzoo

Use the HTC Audio Manager and create your own ringtones from anyone of your MP3s. Works great! You can trim the track to exactly what you want to hear and how long you want it. I store my ringtones either on my Storage card under My Documents>My Ringtones when I use mRing (nice appl.) or under the same folder of the same name & path on the device (which is where your newly created ringtones default to). I've attached a sample. Enjoy!

Young_Folks.mp3

Guest doctormetal
Use the HTC Audio Manager and create your own ringtones from anyone of your MP3s. Works great! You can trim the track to exactly what you want to hear and how long you want it. I store my ringtones either on my Storage card under My Documents>My Ringtones when I use mRing (nice appl.) or under the same folder of the same name & path on the device (which is where your newly created ringtones default to). I've attached a sample. Enjoy!

You are talking about ring tones. the question was about notification sounds.

I read somewhere that they are wavs that should be placed in the windows folder.

Don't know if it works as I have not tried it myself.

Guest burrzoo
You are talking about ring tones. the question was about notification sounds.

I read somewhere that they are wavs that should be placed in the windows folder.

Don't know if it works as I have not tried it myself.

OOPS! Sorry-->Totally missed the point, didn't I... But you can still create the sound file using HTC Audio Manager and then use something like QuickTime to convert it to a .WAV file type and place it in the Windows (root) folder (just like you stated) and your new .WAV file will appear in the Settings>(Sounds) / Notifications dropdown menu. Just remrember to make the original MP3 file small because when you convert to .WAV it is something like 12 X larger. You choice though on how large you want the sound file to be. I have tried this and it works just fine. Other file types are .WMA but I can't convert .MP3s to .WMA with QuickTime on my Mac.I need some other software.

Edited by burrzoo