Orange Kaiser --- debrand needed?

Guest martin01

Guest martin01

So all you lucky people with an Orange Kaiser in hand ... what is your take - is a de-brand needed or have Orange only done limited damage. Let's have some details ;)

Guest RichardK
So all you lucky people with an Orange Kaiser in hand ... what is your take - is a de-brand needed or have Orange only done limited damage. Let's have some details ;)

Debrand? - Total new rom needed! Going to reflash with HTC shipping rom once i find where i dropped my micro sd card(probably inside the hoover).

Most of the items missing can be loaded manually though

Richard

Edited by RichardK

I've got the home page looking completly orange-less. I just added the default HTC background and the HTC Home plugin.

Makes it look something like this...

htc-home-plugin.png

Guest Swampie
Debrand? - Total new rom needed! Going to reflash with HTC shipping rom once i find where i dropped my micro sd card(probably inside the hoover).

Most of the items missing can be loaded manually though

Richard

Don't you feel worried putting 3rd party ROMs on a device which is still in warranty, particularly if the original ROM for the device is not available from Orange (ie. not updated yet), so you can't rollback should you need to return it under warranty?

• 5 weeks later...
Guest jimbouk

Search the forum. there's already a smart new blackish dialler out there and most users have downloaded and installed eithet the HTC today screens or similar ones.

The only thing people round here are complaining about is the four or five icons that O have replaced with their own O ones in programs and settings.

Hardly worth a reflash - when the rom seems very stable and fast.

Guest snowgum
I've got the home page looking completly orange-less. I just added the default HTC background and the HTC Home plugin.

Makes it look something like this...

htc-home-plugin.png

How did you get rid of the orange battery icon?

Matthew

Thanks for the answer. I did the search and found the set of recommendations on how to get rid gradually of the Orange mess (same as what I did on my Hermes).

I just remembered Paul saying he was thinking about doing an integrated de-brander, and was looking for that. I did not find a message from him saying he did not plan to do it anymore? Did I miss it?

Thanks,

Search the forum. there's already a smart new blackish dialler out there and most users have downloaded and installed eithet the HTC today screens or similar ones.

The only thing people round here are complaining about is the four or five icons that O have replaced with their own O ones in programs and settings.

Hardly worth a reflash - when the rom seems very stable and fast.

• 4 weeks later...