Touch Dual SureType / T9 keyboards on video

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)

Arne over at the:unwired has posted a great video online showing the XDA Star (aka HTC Touch Dual) 20 key hardware and 9 / 20 key soft keyboards in action!

Head on over and check it out... if you have a HTC Touch you're lucky - the soft keyboards will be available for you later this month! Everyone else, hope and pray (like me) that HTC release them to a wider audience! In an ideal world, I think HTC would release the keyboards free to HTC device users. I don't necessarily see that as being likely, but even a release to purchase would be better than nothing, and might potentially discourage people from ripping them out of ROMs (or sharing the files, depending on how it's distributed).

HTC - are you listening? ;)

P

newpad9.jpgnewpad12.jpg

Guest Syphon Filter

just installed both the teksoft version adn the cootek version.

Cootek is pretty good...it looks a little grubby though. The Teksoft one I dont think is that great...but its cool that it has a little calculator built into it!!

Cootek is free! Thats always good...

Going to play around with them both for a week or two...see how it goes. I'm still hoping that HTC release their version for devices other than the Touch though.

Guest xorangefirex

I was half-expecting it since the kaiser had the "dulled down" touchFLO system, but to no avail. I am definitely hoping for all my fellow kaiser users that it is available to us. It would truly be a treat to be able to text single handedly.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest msiviter

Cant get CooTek or FingerTouch to work on my M700.

Tried the workarounds involving regedit on SPVdevelopers, tried IMselector too. Tried installing with max system resources available.

WM5 IMs are totally crap, when will i be able to use my 500 inclusive texts?!!!!!!!!!

Can someone clever please come up with an IM selector that works.

Matt

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.