GMail Java application updated to version 1.5

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest MitchellO

Just swapped to using a Sony Ericsson P1i and this new version is fabulous! The old version was annoying on the P1i as it didn't use the whole screen (like it does on my N95).

I'm using the Jeodek Esmertec manager, seems to be a bit better than the standard midlet manager

It did run Opera Mini while the standard one wouldn't

why don't you give it a go?

(i'm also using a Vario 3)

My HTC Vox (S710) has Emertec too and gmail works like a song. Gmail used to be so slow and time consuming when accessed thru POP (Messages).

Thanks for the post !!

Arvind

Edited by arvind

• 4 weeks later...
As I've posted over a week ago into this very forum too, 1.5.0 is absolutely incompatible with TAO Intent manager or Esmerted Jeodek (NOT Jbed). You *must* use it with either IBM J9, Jblend (which is, otherwise, NOT recommended for its screwed-up security model) or Esmertec Jbed.

Don't know if you have this info: "Java" on the Sprint version of HTC Touch (Elf) is Jbed FastDAC Build ID:20070917.4.1v ...When running gmail it says "Sorry, Gmail will not work on your phone. Your phone doesn't have the appropriate certificate to communicate with the server. Try accessing Gmail on your mobile browser..." Interesting that there's a Certificates menu so you would think we could download a certificate? ANy way to download the certificate?

Thanks for all your work!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.