SMS Syncing

Guest ant_thomas

Guest ant_thomas

Is there any software for me to do this....

I have a MDA Vario II with WM6. That is currently my phone of choice so it has all my SMS messages and Contacts.

The thing is, I do sometimes get annoyed with it, especially on nights out, a bit of a nightmare to send SMS messages when a little tipsy or with hands full of drinks.

What I'd like to do is sync my Vario II with my PC so all the SMS messages and Contacts are on the PC, stick the sim in a WM Smartphone and then sync that to the PC and it have all the SMS messages and Contacts be placed on the Smartphone.

Once I've finished using the Smartphone I'd like to do the opposite -

Sync the Smartphone with PC

Switch Sim

Sync Vario II with PC to get all the new SMS messages that are on the Smartphone on to the Vario II.

Is this even close to being possible? Or am I being a little bit to ambitious?

I want to be able to make the two devices identical in terms of SMS and Contacts at any one time, with any Contact changes being replaced by the newest change (ie an adjusted phone number), and the SMS messages being updated with the new ones on both.

Guest jimbouk

Seems like a weird reason to want to do it... but you can sync SMS using Jeyo's program. You will then be able to sync all your contacts, emails, calendar between both devices...

Guest ant_thomas
Seems like a weird reason to want to do it... but you can sync SMS using Jeyo's program. You will then be able to sync all your contacts, emails, calendar between both devices...

Okie Dokie, I did wonder about Jeyo software.

Just need to find a Smartphone that I like since my C500 is on its' last legs. I like the look of the Toshiba Portege G500 but it's only WM5 and no one seems to have any good or bad reviews on it.

Guest ant_thomas
My advice would be do NOT buy the G500.

It's awful, really awful.

How about a S730?

P

What a shame, it looks so nice.

Do you have a spare you'd like to get rid of?!

The S730 costs too much, damn. Might just try and find a cheap WM5 based smartphone on eBay.