Strange fault?

Guest xtreme__boi

Guest xtreme__boi

Ok,

I am not sure how to word this, so please bare with me.

On the home screen it shows my device as being "locked" however I am still able to touch the screen, and can open up messages, contacts, and so on. But the backlight does not light up, it stays in a dimmed state.

Plus the dimmed backlight doesnt seem to go out at all. When usually the screen goes black, and you have to slide the keyboard open for the screen to light back up.

This happens after I have been on a long telephone call, say 10mins+

Not sure why this happens, but has happened quite a few times since I recieved my Vario III about 2 weeks ago. The only way I can fix this, is to soft reset each time.

Does anyone have this problem?

Guest creamhackered

He's right. That's one of the reasons I disabled push email and set it to check regularly instead. Voice calls mean more to me than a spam email!

Ok,

I am not sure how to word this, so please bare with me.

On the home screen it shows my device as being "locked" however I am still able to touch the screen, and can open up messages, contacts, and so on. But the backlight does not light up, it stays in a dimmed state.

Plus the dimmed backlight doesnt seem to go out at all. When usually the screen goes black, and you have to slide the keyboard open for the screen to light back up.

This happens after I have been on a long telephone call, say 10mins+

Not sure why this happens, but has happened quite a few times since I recieved my Vario III about 2 weeks ago. The only way I can fix this, is to soft reset each time.

Does anyone have this problem?

There is a registry hack to fix this which envolves disabling the dormant display settings... take a look at http://www.modaco.com/index.php?showtopic=259696 and look at the entry by Stylus Pilot for instructions.

This fix also means you can put a password lock on the Vario III as well.